Going fishing

havoc

Registered
im leaving this Sunday to go halibut fishing in Seward Ak. going to start back getting into fishing again, havent been since i bought im busa 2yr ago. nothing like battle a beast from up off the bottom, what a rush. I wish Thinker62 and Cache would have taken me up on the offer and head up with me (hint) i still got room, cant beat free airfare . i like to take people with me ,that i know havent been before , i like to see the expression on there face, when they get there first bite and the pole just bends like its going to break. after a day a fishing , i like to hear when they tell me how sore their arms and back are. my only reply is , suck it up ,you got one more day to go.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I told you I'd try an find you that huge Hali' pic , cant find the darn thing anywhere . I think it was in one of those community papers , as opposed to the bigger city papers .
I'm gonna chec 1 more place .

I tried the Islands biggest newspaper, archives . No luck . Bummer . Cool pic , cool story . The joe who caught this mutha was wrestling it and a big sea-lion , the sealion had the fish by the tail , as he was tryin' to land the thing .
Try some island fishing one day if ya can , I'll set ya up here, with any info , whatever ya need . Apparantly people come from all over the freakin' planet to fish around here . I remember when places like Campbell River were world renown.
I'm not much of a fisherman , but one day , I'll fish for hammerheads , tuna , marlin , somewhere warm n' wet , like Florida .
Have an awesome trip....bring us back some Hali steaks .

I tried the Islands biggest newspaper, archives . No luck . Bummer .   Cool pic , cool story . The joe who caught this mutha was wrestling it and a big sea-lion , the sealion had the fish by the tail , as he was tryin' to land the thing .
  Try some island fishing one day if ya can , I'll set ya up here, with any info , whatever ya need .  Apparantly people come from all over the freakin' planet to fish around here . I remember when places like Campbell River were world renown.
I'm not much of a fisherman , but one day , I'll fish for hammerheads , tuna , marlin , somewhere warm n' wet , like Florida .
             Have an awesome trip....bring us back some Hali steaks .
Holy crap RSD, not much into fishin..... what's with that..
you live in the best place around to fish and you don't partake.
I've been fishin off yer little Island there, quite a few times Campbell river, Banfield, and a bunch of the surrounding islands too, and let me tell ya..... It is the sh!t!!!!!!!!
Second only to sex and ridin a Bus, not necessarily in that order.

ya man...I hear ya . Time , it always comes down to time,an' where to spend it . The busa ,my lil' girl ,my son, girlfriend , the garage , golfing ,beers with the boys , the dogs , the list is endless . Fishin' has only made the list a few times.
Have a great wedding . Where's the honeymoon?

Great to see another angler on board . Fishing is another great way to clear your head besides riding. Im an East Coast guy so Ive never done the Halibut thing but have seen some massive doormats in pictures. I am an avid Shark and Tuna guy and would love to hear from other local anglers.

Any of you guys try sturgeon fishing? A few years ago I went on the Fraser River outside of Vancouver for a week. Great fun. The biggest one I caught was 6ft. long. What a fight. I thought I was going to be pulled in.They catch them up to 10ft. Strictly catch and release. I Was going to go again this fall but with a new baby boy and a new baby busa I don't think the wife will let me.

Any of you guys try sturgeon fishing? A few years ago I went on the Fraser River outside of Vancouver for a week. Great fun. The biggest one I caught was 6ft. long. What a fight. I thought I was going to be pulled in.They catch them up to 10ft. Strictly catch and release. I Was going to go again this fall but with a new baby boy and a new baby busa I don't think the wife will let me.
ive dont it several times up here Vancouver Wa in the Columbia River, landed four big monster in one day. avg size 7ft 400lbs.

Man, that's funny, I live about 1000 feet away from one of the breakoff rivers of the Fraser and I've never tryed Sturgeon
fishing.
Fished everything else but.
Landed somewhere between 200 and 300 salmon, "different species" trout, steelhead, ladydadyda last year alone.
Great fun though.
And here I am given RSD a hard time fot not fishin the island
when I've never fished Sturgeon.
I have a buddy who's brother fishes them once in a while, he's caught them up to 8'....... pretty cool!!!!!!!

monsterspeedfreak, If I lived where you do I'd be fishing for them every weekend. I live in the chicago area and go sturgeon fishing every Sept. on the Wisconsin river about 3 hours north. Trouble is the season is only 6 weeks long here.

Back