Does hayabusa lose traction easily on straights?

jamespie

Registered
Hello all!

This might be a dumb question but I have a cbr600 and love it. I have been riding all my life (dirt bikes before I could drive) and I want to move to a bigger bike. I want to get a hayabusa for acceleration but also because it's less revvy and I like how it'll be comfortable for longer trips. I mostly do highway cruising. I NEVER do fast twisties just because I want to be safe. However once and a while I'll gun it on a flat straight road. I was wondering if the busa is too unpredictable to do this? Will the rear tire lose traction if I gun it on a striaght? Btw I never try to do fast take offfs. I stay in 1st gear and get up to Bout 20 mph before gunning it. Would the busa lose traction in this setting? Thanks guys

I'm relatively new to Busa's but in my experience my gen 1 will spin easily because it's extended 10" and from the power. My gen 2 doesn't spin at all it just goes, I'd imagine in 1st it would pull the tire thou. Also my gen 2 has Michelin pcp tires so not sure how much that effects straight line traction..... So I think your fine unless extended with more power

At WOT on a cold tire in 2nd gear, you'll lose a lot of rubber to the ground. That being said, it not like riding wet...meaning it's only going to do what the throttle tells it to do.
Ride like any other bike, but use the power once you get used to it and not beyond your capability.

I'm relatively new to Busa's but in my experience my gen 1 will spin easily because it's extended 10" and from the power. My gen 2 doesn't spin at all it just goes, I'd imagine in 1st it would pull the tire thou. Also my gen 2 has Michelin pcp tires so not sure how much that effects straight line traction..... So I think your fine unless extended with more power

So you're saying you take off fast in second?

At WOT on a cold tire in 2nd gear, you'll lose a lot of rubber to the ground. That being said, it not like riding wet...meaning it's only going to do what the throttle tells it to do.
Ride like any other bike, but use the power once you get used to it and not beyond your capability.

Oh my gosh that's insane. I can't imagine losing traction in 2nd!! I go WOT in first after getting up to about 10mph and the tire sticks.

Damn I guess you don't have to go WOT to get really fast acceleration?

A busa will spin tires in multiple gears. Depends on the tire, road conditions, temp, etc. And if you 'snap' the throttle. As with anything, baby steps...

And if you can't learn to steer and brake, hammering the throttle just about guaranty's you some pain...

A busa will spin tires in multiple gears. Depends on the tire, road conditions, temp, etc. And if you 'snap' the throttle. As with anything, baby steps...

And if you can't learn to steer and brake, hammering the throttle just about guaranty's you some pain...

cool sounds like this wont be too bad. looks like ima buy me a busa

The Busa puts out tons of torque compare to your 600 but it's also a lot heavier. I assume when you first got your 600 you treated it with some respect while getting used to it. Do the same with a Busa and you will be fine. :thumbsup:

Back