Does anyone have...

EastCoast

Donating Member
Registered
Actually I'm looking for pictures of the stands in use... the closer the better.

How do you use these and is it hard to lift the bike by yourself?

Thanks!

www.thevmc.com Link no longer works

Easy to use: Might want to have someone help you with the rear the first couple of times. Great Stand!

I lift the rear first always, it would be hard to lift the front first, if the front end shifts while your liffting it your going to have problems. It is a little scary the first few times you use the lifts but once you get used to it its easy.

All I have is a rear for now. Plan on getting the front sometime in the near future. This one is the spooled version.

Picture_005b.JPG

What's the technique? The bike must be resting on the sidestand, right. Say I opt for the spooled version... what next? Bueller, Bueller....

Stand next to the bike while on the sidestand. Put your left hand on the seat and your right hand on the side of the taillight (or somewhere in the area).Stand the bike upright. Once it's upright you can hold it steady with one hand. Grab the stand with you right hand and line it up with the spools and push. The whole deal is easier if you have the grabrail mounted.

1) bike on sidestand - you stand on the right side of the bike, your right thigh even with the passenger seat.

2) stand handle in your left hand.

3) use grab rail with right hand to pull bike upright (towards you). Now, if the bike falls to the left, the stand is there to catch it. If it falls towards you, you are there to catch it, or sacrifice your body to save your plastics (kidding, this bike won't fall) note: if you have the hump on with no grab rail, reach over the hump into the hand-hold hole (by the front frankenstien bolt) and pull towards yourself.

4) slide the stand into place, leaning over the bike to peek and make sure the stand has engaged the spools

5) push the handle down, retaining your grip on the grab rail until the stand is in the final position.

easy as pie.

<!--EDIT|pward76
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135395647 -->

1) bike on sidestand - you stand on the right side of the bike, your right thigh even with the passenger seat.

2) stand handle in your left hand.

3) use grab rail with right hand to pull bike upright (towards you).  Now, if the bike falls to the left, the stand is there to catch it.  If it falls towards you, you are there to catch it, or sacrifice your body to save your plastics  (kidding, this bike won't fall)  note: if you have the hump on with no grab rail, reach over the hump into the hand-hold hole (by the front frankenstien bolt) and pull towards yourself.

4) slide the stand into place, leaning over the bike to peek and make sure the stand has engaged the spools

5) push the handle down, retaining your grip on the grab rail until the stand is in the final position.

easy as pie.
You're probably left handed huh?

i take the hump off so i have something to get a good grip, lean up off side stand and place pitbull with right hand on spools and lift

Thats the "forward" style rear stand. Highly recomended because you can stand by the side and stabilize with your leg/knee and push down with your foot, but more $$$$$$.

The front is a tight fit...be carefull not to scratch the fender and lower front fairing.

All they're stands are VERY robust and stable.

<!--EDIT|newmill
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135408241 -->

Want no fuss, no muss lift operation? See:

The Cyclecat is a unique device. It lifts the rear of the bike, "while it's on the side side." It safely transitions the bike from the side-stand onto the lift in a very safe, smooth operation. No worries about it accidently falling over, standing in the right position to "catch it" if it falls, asking for help from the wife, etc. It's a totally one-person operation. The pictures on the Cyclecat website show how easy it works.

First use the Cyclecat on the rear, then if you want to lift the front, use any brand of lift that suits your fancy. I've had my Cyclecat for several months now. It's great!
biggrin.gif

Whew....I'll tell you what, you guys that lift your bikes by yourselves are heros in my eyes! I don't take the chance of mishap so I have the wife balance the bike while I position the stand and lift. Only takes a few seconds.

Back