K&L Stands

Been using the redline industrial front and rear for years. Stands are great.

ALAKSO, How much are they per unit? One of the things I would like to comment on is about the Pit Bull stands...The front stand that I am using has a stem lift. It is fantastic for working on the front end...for example, if you don't have a stem lift it makes working on the forks more difficult. Another plus with the stem lift it is a 2 part structure and when you lift the front up it is so easy compared to the rear lift or a front lift that is not a stem lifter. Another nice feature about the stem lift is you can turn the front wheel left and right when working on the axle or brakes which makes life easier...trust me on this one...Think about the stem lift a little more...just sayin...2hip

ALAKSO, How much are they per unit? One of the things I would like to comment on is about the Pit Bull stands...The front stand that I am using has a stem lift. It is fantastic for working on the front end...for example, if you don't have a stem lift it makes working on the forks more difficult. Another plus with the stem lift it is a 2 part structure and when you lift the front up it is so easy compared to the rear lift or a front lift that is not a stem lifter. Another nice feature about the stem lift is you can turn the front wheel left and right when working on the axle or brakes which makes life easier...trust me on this one...Think about the stem lift a little more...just sayin...2hip

I'm not sure what the retail prices are? Maybe forum member "RedlineStands" could give us the retail costs for the K&L F&R and stem stands? I have a friend who's a dealer for K&L and I need to contact him to see what kind of prices he can give me, hopefully Dealer cost? I do like the stem stands but my budget is limited so I may just get the F&R stands now and get the stem stand later when I need to do some front end work. Brand to be determined?

There are many nice stands out there including the Redline and PitBull. I really like the Redline swivel stands but I don't see an extension handle on that model. The thing I like about the K&L stands is the extension handle which should make it easy enough to lift even for a small woman. Plus the handle comes apart from the stand and stores right on the stand where I won't temporarily lose it or trip over it like an attached handle stand.

I'm not sure what the retail prices are? Maybe forum member "RedlineStands" could give us the retail costs for the K&L F&R and stem stands? I have a friend who's a dealer for K&L and I need to contact him to see what kind of prices he can give me, hopefully Dealer cost? I do like the stem stands but my budget is limited so I may just get the F&R stands now and get the stem stand later when I need to do some front end work. Brand to be determined?

There are many nice stands out there including the Redline and PitBull. I really like the Redline swivel stands but I don't see an extension handle on that model. The thing I like about the K&L stands is the extension handle which should make it easy enough to lift even for a small woman. Plus the handle comes apart from the stand and stores right on the stand where I won't temporarily lose it or trip over it like an attached handle stand.

I've emailed my rep to get some pricing for you on the K&L stands and I'll post it up when I get it. As for our swivel stands, if you really want those stands but must have a removable extension handle I can make you a set like that for an additional $35 added to the cost of the standard pair. In mentioning purchasing a standard front fork lift stand first and getting a headstock stand later I really must advise against this as once you get your headstock stand your forklift stand will then be useless and a complete waste of money. Also, expect the K&L stands to be very high in price even if your friend gets you dealer pricing. They don't sell well because they cost more than Pit Bull's and far more than Redlines.

Ian

I got the pricing on the K&L Stands. Let me know if you would like to order them.

Ian Gilmore

37-8795 @MC45 UNIVERSAL SWINGARM STAND $131.70
37-9689 @MC40 UNIVERSAL FRONT END STAND $121.97
37-3182 @MC20 STEM FRONT END STAND $128.78
35-0807 FRONT END LIFT PIN G $10.83

I've emailed my rep to get some pricing for you on the K&L stands and I'll post it up when I get it. As for our swivel stands, if you really want those stands but must have a removable extension handle I can make you a set like that for an additional $35 added to the cost of the standard pair. In mentioning purchasing a standard front fork lift stand first and getting a headstock stand later I really must advise against this as once you get your headstock stand your forklift stand will then be useless and a complete waste of money. Also, expect the K&L stands to be very high in price even if your friend gets you dealer pricing. They don't sell well because they cost more than Pit Bull's and far more than Redlines.

Ian

Thanks for the info Ian. This is only my second sport bike and my previous sport bike, an FJR, had the center stand so I didn't need stands for that bike. After going through a bunch of stand threads I read when some people had issues with stands that didn't offer enough leverage to easily lift the bike. Hence my interest in finding a brand of stands that offered enough leverage to get the job done easily. Of course it's hard for me to tell if any brand of stands will offer enough leverage just from looking at pics. Maybe I don't need the handle? I'll look at your web-site again and check out your products and then give you a call after the holidays about your products.

Great point about the headstock stand!!! I figured the headstock stand would be a lot more money but what do I know.

I could use a rear stand to start with, and it's worth $35 to me to have a feature that reduces the chance I'll injure myself while lifting the bike or working around it.

If I asked you to build a commercial model with the extension handle, would the weld and handle be powder coated? If so, how long are we looking at for lead time before a ship date? I'm itching to install a full exhaust I got today. :cheerleader:

What I think I'd really prefer is the industrial model with a removable handle 24" - 36" long in place of the short one that comes on that model.

Why does the K&L front end stand only go to 03 Busas ?

GSX1300R Hayabusa 99-03 G 35-0807

I am looking for a good stem stand for my 09 Busa that clears all and does not need to have front fender removed. I also want it to be ROCK SOLID when the bike is up on it as my 3yr old son constantly climbs on it. I need one that he cannot lower himself and i am wondering about the MC20 stand. How secure is that when bike is up ? Does the handle have some sort of lock or pin in it so it cannot easily be let down ?

my problem is that my workshop is a 12x12 storage building and I really dont think I'd have enough room to use a stand....especially on the front. :-(

Alakso, keep in mind that there is more that determines how hard it is to lift a bike with a stand than just the existence of an extension handle. How high the stand lifts the bike is also a HUGE determining factor in the amount of force required to lift the bike.

F=MA, I'll be completely honest with you. A 24''+ long extension handle is a crazy idea. The existing 10'' long handle makes it incredibly easy to lift the bike as is. As for the Industrial rear stand, I really don't recommend paying the extra $35 or so dollars to make those units with removable extension handles because you'll find that removing the handles is really just more trouble than it's worth because they're just not really in the way to begin with. The only reason my future models will have this feature is to cut down on the shipping size of the stands and save money on shipping.

Blanca, K&L's fitting chart only goes to 03 because K&L has dropped the ball and not done their research to update their fitting chart. I know from my own research that all first gen busas are the same regardless of what their chart says. I'm attaching pics showing my headstock stand, which has many more pins available for it because I have done all the necessary research whereas they have not. As for the 3 yr old issue, there is no such thing as a stand which locks in place so that a 3 yr old could not lift on the the handle of the stand and drop the bike. Thus, you should either remedy the problem of your child playing on the bike or do not buy the stands. I know that sucks to hear but it's the truth. A child playing on a bike which is up on stands is a recipe for a some broken bones.

LilTroy, it sounds like a rear swivel stand is exactly what you need but if you don't have a nice smooth floor with no seams then you can not use that type of stand. I'm betting this storage building has a wooden floor and that destroys the opportunity to utilize such a stand.

08-Busa-LowPro.jpg

F=MA, I'll be completely honest with you. A 24''+ long extension handle is a crazy idea. The existing 10'' long handle makes it incredibly easy to lift the bike as is. As for the Industrial rear stand, I really don't recommend paying the extra $35 or so dollars to make those units with removable extension handles because you'll find that removing the handles is really just more trouble than it's worth because they're just not really in the way to begin with. The only reason my future models will have this feature is to cut down on the shipping size of the stands and save money on shipping.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to our questions. I've never owned or used a stand before...this is the first bike I've had that wasn't built with a center stand.

It's tough to get a sense from the photos on the Redline site how big these things are, or how well they work. I have read in the past that it can be difficult to get the Hayabusa up on one without help

Perhaps I'll order an industrial model. If I find the handle creates a tripping hazard I can always cut it off and weld a removable handle on myself.

Thanks. I missed the link on the site. For what it's worth, the commercial stand video starts about five seconds after it "should" to demonstrate how to lift the bike. The swivel stand video shows what I needed to see.

Order will be sent shortly. Thanks again.

On the Redline site, the industrial rear stand is priced at $87.00, but while checking out, the price mysteriously increases to $92.00.

Here is a copy/paste:

Original item write up:

Redline Industrial Rear Roller Stand
The Industrial rear universal roller stand lifts most sport bikes with no adapters/spools needed. It places two rubberized rollers underneath the... $87.00

... more info

Here's what shows up in the cart:

Your Total
$92.00Sub-Total:

$19.99Zones Table Rate (Continental U.S.):

$111.99Total:

What happened here?

Disregard. I see there's an additional $5 oversize shipping fee which for some reason isn't included in the shipping fee. A bit confusing.

Back