Hayabusa wet weight

I believe the reason for such a huge difference is that Suzuki started listing the Curb Weight (ready to run) instead of Dry Weight (no liquids in the bike)

Well, the Suzuki site right now still has '07 model specs and they use curb weight for that year model as well. 478 lbs for '07. I would love to know what they could have added to make 'em 100 more lbs!

Well, the Suzuki site right now still has '07 model specs and they use curb weight for that year model as well. 478 lbs for '07. I would love to know what they could have added to make 'em 100 more lbs!
Here's what comes up when you hover over the "i" beside weight. They've messed this up before...

Untitled55.jpg

I would think most of the weight came from the exhaust on the Gen 2. I lost around 25lbs with my change to the two brothers

yea it seemed almost like one muffler weighed as much as the my whole exhaust setup did in the box.

I don't know... those mufflers on older models were pretty hefty as well. I'll be honest, I'm really starting to change my mind about getting a GenII busa with that much extra weight. Not until I find out where the extra weight is so I can make it lighter. No sense in getting rid of a perfectly good GenI busa just to get something that heavy. 100lbs is a LOT of weight to add to a sports bike.

I don't know... those mufflers on older models were pretty hefty as well. I'll be honest, I'm really starting to change my mind about getting a GenII busa with that much extra weight. Not until I find out where the extra weight is so I can make it lighter. No sense in getting rid of a perfectly good GenI busa just to get something that heavy. 100lbs is a LOT of weight to add to a sports bike.

There are several people here who have owned both bikes. I'd talk with them before making a decision. You won't find many (I can only think of one) who would prefer a Gen I bike.

having a 08 and have had a 03 busa for 5 years with 30k the extra weight you can not tell since it handles way better. :thumbsup:

Ok, you talked me into it!

Greyrocket... you guys still havin those "Sac-to-tha-Bay" runs out there??
I did the one in '03. It was a blast!

Suzuki specifications: 07 Gen I 478 dry weight, 08 Gen II 485 dry weight; a difference of +7 pounds between Gen I and Gen II. 09 is weighed differently; 573 curb weight.

Last edited:
Hey guys, might anybody know what the weight split on a busa is? I need to also know how much of the bike's total weight is on the front tire?

Ian

That is so true! I guess I'm bragging but I've got my Gen I down to 488lbs. (with 1/2 tank fuel)When I ride a stock one I really can feel the difference.
Raydog

I just weighed my Busa with a half tank of gas and full fluids and I got 507 so I would love to ride yours. The carrozeria wheels must be lighter than my old Marchesini's as I have an akro Titanium pipe with carbon can.

Front was heavier at 275 rear was 232 . My damn 16 inch front brake rotors must weigh 20 pounds each, lol.

And I thought mine was pretty light....

IMG_1192M.jpg

BB

Back