Does anybody know what this is?

RandyEicher

Registered
During my winter project which is on schedule to wrap up in about 3 weeks, I found this laying on top of the motor. It is about 12" long and has threaded holes on both ends. I bought my Busa last year and never had it torn down this far. If it belongs on the bike somewhere, I can't figure out where. Please help.

IMAG0453-1.jpg

It may be something that was placed there during work, then forgotten about when the bike was closed up. The scoring marks on the one side are puzzling.

Cant tell what the diameter is, but it looks like an axle. Doubt that's what it is though. How big around is it and how heavy is it?

They must have removed the flux capacitor with it, because I've been over 88mph a few times and haven't gone ahead or back in time once.

Actually, you did go ahead in time. It's inevitable. HAHA! If you have ever taken it in for a service, I would take the piece there and ask them if they can identify it.

It looks like the brace bar for no cut frame sliders, the marks on it are probably from riding around on the bike for a while.

It resembles the bar that connects the no cut frame sliders.But i am wary of the markings on it. Those dont come when you install or use no cut sliders.

Are insides of the ends threaded?

if it is the pic below shows same bar running across to the mount plates...

bar.JPG

Back