do you hear a slight rattle when the clutch

gcal

Registered
when i ride i have notice that if im at a light and out of gear i let the clutch out and i hear a slight rattle from the motor.
is that normal? Is the clutch done?
the bike has 15,500 miles, stock everything, and the last 5,500 miles were hard miles but the first 10k were so easy he had the same tires from the factory until i got ahold of it.
whats the deal with the noise?

I get a rattle between 1.5-3k rpm-- It may exist at high rpm, but I can't hear it. I was told it was the cam chain by service, it is normal, and to stop pestering them.

what year?  could be CCT, or could just be the slight noise that is always there and your just now noticing it.

<!--EDIT|vincent
Reason for Edit: "felt like it"|1092172197 -->

A slight rattle? Hell no dude...

I hear A LOUD ASSED RATTLE... From the Right side of the bike... No worries bro, big HP bike has a Big horsepower clutch, it's a noisy one as well... No worries...

never had a rattle from mine....

Check all your bolts and stuff...better being safe than sorry, IMO.

Revlis wrote:
A slight rattle?  Hell no dude...

I hear A LOUD ASSED RATTLE... From the Right side of the bike...  No worries bro, big HP bike has a Big horsepower clutch, it's a noisy one as well...  No worries...

----------------------------------------

funny stuff...
laugh.gif
you animal you!...lol

smile.gif
 Seriously though if your listening closely to your bike while it's warming up, (Everyone try this) (Stock canisters Help)  but as you warm it up, just listen close as you pull the clutch in then let it out.  When the clutch is in everything is peachy keen, let it out and there is a clear distinct rattle...  It's normal and just part of what makes a busa a busa.  If your worried about it, or it REALLY FUGGIN LOUD, take it to your mechanic and have em' give a smoke break listen...  90% sure he'll just nod and say yup...  "Noisy assed clutch huh..."

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092224669 -->

COOL!
thanks alort guys i thought i was in the market for a new clutch.
i feel much better now.
rev: yes it is a loud noise it sounds like my old ducati clutch only alot quieter.
i feel much better now! thanks guys
smile.gif

I have heard a very soft noise when I pull the clutch lever...actually I can't remember if it was pulling or releasing. If the noise is very quiet, I'd say it's normal. I noticed this about ten years ago and my bikes are both running good to this day so it seems appropriate to respond to the 16 year old question. :)

Thanks and Suzuki still has not fixed the problem

i have 2009 busa with a billet hub and basket and still have the chatter at idle. So just wondering and it is normal-

Sometimes responses get lost on old threads...

These bikes have a "semi-slipper' clutch which makes them a bit noisy....

Only noisy at idle in neutral - when the clutch is engaged or pull the clutch lever , no noise or chatter. The idle speed also affects the chatter so during first start up there is no chatter but at 1000 rpm - chatter-
I thought that a billet clutch and hub would eliminate the chatter. I have two stage lock up on a modified clutch cover. Lockup could be contacting the cover - my oil looks good dirty but good
Thanks
Willial0

Only noisy at idle in neutral - when the clutch is engaged or pull the clutch lever , no noise or chatter. The idle speed also affects the chatter so during first start up there is no chatter but at 1000 rpm - chatter-
I thought that a billet clutch and hub would eliminate the chatter. I have two stage lock up on a modified clutch cover. Lockup could be contacting the cover - my oil looks good dirty but good
Thanks
Willial0
So no noise at first start up? What have you got your idle set at? I'm no expert but sounds to me like yer idle is low. Which is not a good thing.
I have an MTC 2 stage billet clutch and modded cover and it is noisy...par for the course.

g1.JPG

Rubb.

Pc5 plus auto tune wide band- power commander
I don’t want to take any chances with hurting the motor.
I saw a trickle of oil under the exhaust header - there is a small hole - I think for moisture drain. Above the cylinder block but below the heads

So I going to the performance shop in the am - just don’t want to blow a motor again

CBACE628-AFC4-4530-A5FA-F4FF9064880E.jpeg

Back