Clutch Adjustment

sccrvettel82

I've been quiet lately...Don't m
Donating Member
Registered
Anyone know how to adjust the clutch on the Busa. I don't believe mine was set right from the factory or something. With the bike in gear and on the stands with the clutch pulled in the rear tire still wants to roll. Also, when entering first gear from neutral the bike will bounce forward a little. Kinda like a pop motion. I am easy on clutches and the bike has less than 2,000 miles. Any ideas.

Also, I seem to be hearing more noise from the motor on my 07 LE then I used to hear on my 05. Not really bad noises but you can kinda hear mechanical sounds coming from the valves. Not tapping so much, just noise in general. Any help would be great.

(sccrvettel82 @ Apr. 22 2007,21:52) Anyone know how to adjust the clutch on the Busa. I don't believe mine was set right from the factory or something. With the bike in gear and on the stands with the clutch pulled in the rear tire still wants to roll. Also, when entering first gear from neutral the bike will bounce forward a little. Kinda like a pop motion. I am easy on clutches and the bike has less than 2,000 miles. Any ideas.

Also, I seem to be hearing more noise from the motor on my 07 LE then I used to hear on my 05. Not really bad noises but you can kinda hear mechanical sounds coming from the valves. Not tapping so much, just noise in general. Any help would be great.
The little bit of drag on the tranny is normal. The clutch really doesn't eliminate the contact completely and you'll still have a small amount of wheel roll when the engine is running. It will even roll a little when it's in neutral and you crack the throttle a bit. I wouldn't worry about it.

The noise is probably normal. Wouldn't worry about that, either.

Have a nice day!

--Wag--

+1

if its still trying to go with the back wheel on the ground and the clutch pulled in then you may have a problem.
beerchug.gif

Also, I seem to be hearing more noise from the motor on my 07 LE then I used to hear on my 05.[/Quote]

I did not know they made a LE for 07. Anyway can you describe the sound or where it is coming from?

Sorry, I meant 06. White (fastest color).
smile.gif

The sound is just valve noise. Not really tapping, just kinda noisy springs or lifters. Not really sure how to describe it, just noisy.

Back