Pete43

Registered
I have a problem with my 05 Busa (red & black:-). It kinda roars and rattles
in neutral with the clutch out and gets quiet when I pull it in. My clutch
fluid has already turned dark with 2500 miles. I noticed with the choke on
that pulling the clutch in lowers the rpm's from 2k to 1k. When i rev the
engine in neutral from 1k to 2k (when hot) I hear the rattle bad . Sounds
like maybe a loose clutch basket. I've changed oil 3 times so far and have
some fillings on the magnetic drain plug each time. I've called the Suzuki dealer (Sloans) in Murfreesboro,Tn to have them look at it tommorrow. If the dealer says it's normal, should I get something in writing in case it breaks later on? It's in warranty. I ride with another 05 Busa and his doesn't make any of the noises and he has the same 2500 miles.

Any ideas?

Normal, No worries... It's a noisy a$$ Clutch... Rattle Rattle Clank Clank... It's just uh.... Talking to ya...

Well after reading a lil more (sorry) yeah go ahead and get it checked... The rattle Rattle at Idle is normal and it changes with clutch in and out... But I never really noticed a big change in volume when revving from 1-2 K RPM...

Yeah I'm kinda worried since it does make the noise with the clutch in and revving from 1 to 2k..  sounds like something loose.. Thought it was a counter balance at first..Is there somewhere I could read some info about this noise? The dealer seemed to think if I abused it the slipper clutch might have went bad.. I told him I baby it :-)

Thanks for the reply

I took the bike to the dealer today and the head mechanic said he could hear it and ask if he could take it around to their shop to let some other guys hear it. He brought it back and said he didn't think it was bad enough that if they tore it down they could find it. So he documented it and gave me a copy. He said ride it till it gets worse, then bring it back. Then on my way home he left a message on my home phone saying that he called Suzuki and they said some bikes are on the high end on clearances and just make more noise than others..
So I guess i'll trade it in at Sloans next year when the new Busa comes out and I'll tell them the noise is normal.

Kent

Ok has anyone ever had to adjust the counter balance on their Busa? The service manual says it can be noisey and has an adjustment on it.

Pete

I took my Busa to the dealer that said the noise was normal and ask to trade it in. Told him how it still has 6 months of warranty and I would take $1000 less than what it's book value was. He said he didn't need it. That I should just sell it myself. He remembered talking to me about the knock
poke.gif

Back