clutch noise?`

dragonbusa

Registered
clackyt-craticy noise in the clutch, when you pull the clutch in it stops. I puled it apart and every thing looks fine, but I"m concerned about this slacl in the hub and baskit. Is this normal?[video=youtube_share;c4Qkp_vLyz4]http://youtu.be/c4Qkp_vLyz4[/video]

Mine does the same thing, I can hear and feel it in town at low rpm in the first few gears, even after the clutch mod. Mostly at the beginning when in letting the clutch engage from a dead stop, but only if i left it in gear when i came to a stop. Doesnt happen if i kick it into first from neutral at a stop...

How many miles on the bike?
Is the noise only at idle?
what clutch mods do you have?

Slack in hub and basket is fine. The noise could be several things. If it were me I'd pull the basket and make sure it ain't scratched up in the back. Change your oil to make sure there's no shavings or trash in it or the pan.

I would pull out both baskets and make sure the washer between the outer basket and hub is there, and facing the right direction. Make sure the flat washer is between the inner hub and outer basket, and also look at the needle bearing and its spacer. Look carefully at the "cage" of the bearing and see if it has all its needles. Report back . . .:laugh:

I would pull out both baskets and make sure the washer between the outer basket and hub is there, and facing the right direction. Make sure the flat washer is between the inner hub and outer basket, and also look at the needle bearing and its spacer. Look carefully at the "cage" of the bearing and see if it has all its needles. Report back . . .:laugh:
thanks for the in put, I"ll pull it out tomar.

Back