Windshield rattle....so annoying

ajblbv

Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys, so my windshield has been rattling on me and I have tried the easiest thing of checking tightening of its mounting screws. I know it is just/mainly the windshield because when I hear the rattle and grab the windshield the rattle disappears.

Help a brother out

:banghead:

Remove the Windscreen and place a strip of electrical tape across the bottom of it and replace the windscreen, Should help out alot

that will do it...also, go with a Puig if you decide to go with an aftermarket screen :beerchug:

has anyone tried masking the sheild and then spraying rubber undercoat? Seems like that would be cleaner looking?

dbl check the rubber pieces.rubber pieces have to go through the windshield hole, then the frame/plastic part then insert the screw. tighten.not over tighten.

that will do it...also, go with a Puig if you decide to go with an aftermarket screen :beerchug:
problem with PUIG now is that if you have a warranty issue, they will tell you to pound sand.... no more money going their way from me..

problem with PUIG now is that if you have a warranty issue, they will tell you to pound sand.... no more money going their way from me..

thanks for the info, i hadn't heard that but it would definitely make me think twice before giving them my hard earned cash :beerchug:

Thin felt works as well. The kind that comes in a roll that is sticky backed. I put evenly spaced rectangles folded over the edges of mine. It's silent now. :whistle:

Exactly why I decided to go with ZG.

Don't have or haven't noticed a buzz on the new bike but I did have it on the 06. 2 strips of tape on the inside and outside and it was good for over 2 years.

Haven't had a problem with my Puig, I may go with go with Power Bronze next time.

i am using power bronze it rattles like hell.Any pics to show how to do it?

Last edited:
I just put two layers of electrical tape on the tabs of the ZG windshield. Can't even see it when the shield is installed. No rattles.

has anyone tried masking the sheild and then spraying rubber undercoat? Seems like that would be cleaner looking?

You shouldnt see the Tape once the Windscreen is re-installed, it will sit inside the nosecone.

Back