Question MRA touring windshields

groran1000

Registered
Anyone have any feedback on these windshields? It's the one that has the extra adjustable shield at the top. I would like more wind protection, but if I get on the bike some, I don't want the WS rattling or some other problems. I sometimes get up to 110, but not much faster and for short period of time. You think the WS will be unstable at those speeds? Here's a link to the WS, thanks Randy

MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield for Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1340R, '08- - TwistedThrottle.com

I have one. You won't have any trouble at those speeds with any "rattling" or anything.

How tall are you? To be honest, it doesn't make too much of a difference to me over my Puig double bubble.

If you want a TRUE touring windshield, I'd look at the Zero Gravity one. However the MRA fits like a million bucks and doesn't look too bad either, it's just not all I thought it'd be and might be for sale this spring, I'm gonna give it one more shot.

For what it's worth I'm about 5'11"

I'm about 5 11 also. So the DB tour would be better or the same? It's cheaper thats for sure. If you sell the MRA, how much you think you would sell it for? thanks

I'm about 5 11 also. So the DB tour would be better or the same? It's cheaper thats for sure. If you sell the MRA, how much you think you would sell it for? thanks

I've never personally owned a Zero Gravity tour shield, but they appear to be MUCH taller than the double bubble puig screen I normally run. The MRA with the wing all the way up isn't much taller than the Puig screen.

If I were to sell it, I'd probably ask $100 shipped for it or something to that effect. I usually just keep stuff laying around though LOL And again, I'm gonna give it one more shot this summer and see for sure.

So your both a couple of Umpa Lumpas

image-4014462467.jpg

I'm 5'8" and use the MRA windshield. It is one of the better choices I have made for the bike, I can tell you that. With my touring set up of heli-bars, genmar risers and lowered foot pegs the windshield blocks the wind that used to hit me right in the visor. I have had the bike upwards of 140 MPH several times with the windshield on. I have had the MRA on for about 3 years now and have zero complaints.

It is a bit pricey, but worth it in my mind.

I've never personally owned a Zero Gravity tour shield, but they appear to be MUCH taller than the double bubble puig screen I normally run. The MRA with the wing all the way up isn't much taller than the Puig screen.

If I were to sell it, I'd probably ask $100 shipped for it or something to that effect. I usually just keep stuff laying around though LOL And again, I'm gonna give it one more shot this summer and see for sure.

I have the zero gravity touring windscreen and it buffets my helmet at certain speeds (I'm 6'2", 185 lbs). I have a zero gravity DB on 90% of the time. I have been thinking about the MRA windscreen with the idea that a small adjustment of the lip would reduce buffeting. Bots do you get any of the bobble head effect off the MRA?

I don't get any bobble heading with either the Puig or the MRA. I do seem to get a wee bit more helmet noise with the MRA than I do the Puig, but I believe it's just where the air hits me. Any previous bobbleheading I've ever had has been due to helmet design and fit more than wind noise. Since I made the switch to an Arai helmet all of my helmet issues are a thing of the past.

I'm wishing I could find a side by side shot of both the db and the MRA. Maybe when it warms up a little here, I'll take some pics with both shields.

The only time that I have an issue with bobble head is when my wife rides with me and then only at certain speeds. The main difference I notice between the DB and touring is the wind noise, the touring wind screen makes more wind noise but keeps more wind off of me. I think it has to do with where the high velocity air spills off the windscreen and meets me. The DB stream hits me just below the neck, the touring hits me about mid helmet.

Back