DL-32 set up

Grizzly

Registered
ok guys, I'm new on here, I'm from Australia and have just recieved a shiny new Innovate DL-32 data logger and LC-1 wideband. Before I attempt to install these on my 08 Busa I was wondering if anyone out there had these installed on their bike and was willing to share some pic's and advice with me? I'm no electronic wiz but I do like a challange. I find the instruction manuals a little on the vague side. any help would be great

cheers from Nathan

I just installed mine on my 08, i made all connection about 6 inches from the ecu connector, untape the harness there, then i un-pinned each connection from ecu connector 1 at a time, so that i could strip a small section of insulation off and still be able to use shrink tube.

Put the DL32 on a relay, use the tail light harness to trigger the relay, have an inline fuse going on the +12 volt supply from battery to relay. Make sure to run LC1 and DL32 power and ground to same place etc.

Darn dl32 was a tad crooked in the pic LOL.

Pay special attention to those directions regarding the sensor grounds, i tied that into ecu ground pin 34, then jumper all channel grounds together at dl32 connector.

i mounted my relay on teh right side subframe, i took the tail section off to make that wiring easier, so can't see relay with tail section on really.

SunApr11215158AmericaNew_York2010.jpg

SunApr11215224AmericaNew_York2010.jpg

One small thing to consider. The RPM converter should be hooked up to a lower injector. Upper injectors won't work, and the coils are way to noisy to be effective.

I need to update my build thread with that info, just haven't had time... :(

If you have any other questions just ask... :beerchug:

Install is comlpete!!! just can't get my computer to talk to the DL-32 keeps asking for it to be connected to a serial port, so I got myself a Serial -USB adaptor cable and I still get the same message come up when I start the LM programer softwear, WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!!

Usb to serial adapters usually suck. If you have a computer with a sale adapters at the easiest way for sure. I would check out the innovate forums to see what other adapters people are using
Posted via Mobile Device

Do you have the termi plug in the correct location (LC-1?) when hooking up the serial port cable? Also make sure you push the connetors all the way in until you feel a click and then twist the plug to make sure you get a good connection.

What sequence are you opening the program?

Did you manually program the DL-32 before hooking up the laptop?

Are you only using the DL-32/LC-1 or do you have the XD-16 also?

If you just want to review the logs, I believe it will alway say com port not connected when opening. When I get home, I'll have another look...

DL-32 Channels on the bike:
Ch. 1 = RPM Terminal #38 (Yellow/Blue) Function - 2

On the laptop:
Ch. 1 Input mode: 2 RPM (0..020460)
Input Interpretation: Unit of measure - RPM
0 RPM equivalent 0.00 volt and 20460 RPM equivalent 5.00 volt

im running mine of the primary #1 injector ground.

there is only 2 settings, you either get correct or 1/2 rpm pretty much, pretty easy to adjust and see which is right.

Did you guys use the internal map sensor on the DL32 for vacuum and boost? I am having trouble getting mine to read correctly.

Where is your O2 sensor? My LC1 is on the rear subframe on the right side. My O2 sensor is behind the right side foot peg.

where did you mount the LC-1, the o2 wont reach if i place it anywhere in the sub frame

Where is your O2 bung located?

I mounted mine under the left side tail when I had the Brock's Alien head, now with the Turbo it's up front in the right ram air tube...

Back