Dissed, Dusted and Pissed....

babuski

Donating Member
Registered
Okay boys and girls, my near death experience two weeks ago now has me a little gun shy...

I'm driving down this beautiful country road yesterday after a long 300 mile ride to Savana and Galena Illinois (from Chicago). My ass is killing me as is my back and wrists. I notice this light in my rear view mirror. I also have this humongous tank bag carrying all my junk. I ignore it the closing light but 10 seconds later the light is getting closer. I'm doing 70 and crusing. No funny stuff for me as I am very very fatigued and still had 2 hours before I got home. Had to conserve energy. For crying out loud I'm even yawning I'm so beat. Anyways....
the light is now right behind me and it looks like a Kawasaki.
I go to tuck only because I'm tired and I'm at about 75-80...which is my "tuck" speed. The guy pulls alongside and I see its a Z-12 with some mods. He misinterprets my tuck as wanting to play. He hits the throttle and is 20 bike lengths ahead in no time. I'm thinking.....hell if I'm gonna let this happen....I gun my throttle and then remember, I'm in 6th gear!!!! I downshift and by now he is a half mile ahead. I eventually start to close in on him...but am now at 130 mph and realize I have to go to 150-160 to catch him. This guy is bold: no gear, shorts, sleeveless shirt and Passing cars at 150 or so. I am on unfamiliar road with lots of hidden driveways and farm impliments (plus its sunday and the LEOs are out everywhere) so I decide its not worth it and shut down. I yawn again and realize that some Z-12 is bragging today that he dusted a busa. I have had no problems with Z-12s before or the Kaw 10. We have fun and exchange leads all the time when I play with them. But I felt dusted.....

Earlier, I pull into a gas station in Savana and refuel. Then a big honking chopper (purple and very custom) with a huge front rake and a gas tank about 3 feet long pulls in to the same bay area. Everyone starts gawkin at the chopper. This has never happened....the busa always steals the show. So now I am dissed for a freaking chopper? People are watching too much Orange County Chopper shows on Cable TV. So now I'm dissed.

So to the Kaw Z-12 around Pearl City Illinois on Sunday at 4:30 in the afternoon....we will meet again. I promise. My ass, neck and wrists WILL be ready and my tank bag will be gone. And we will go to another road and I will beat you like a dog.

Yeah, good for you. When you get tired, that's when you really make the big mistakes. Speaking of American Chopper, did you see the bike with the 50 cal cartridges up and down the front and a fake bomb under the tank. Looked like something a 6 year old would ride
AAAssjani.gif

Never a mistake to let the silly little boys (on ZX 12's) play with themselves! My experience is they are usually self-serving jerks hung up on the size of their family jewels!

Be smart, live to ride another day, and take him to the track and beat his azz THERE! Anyone can go fast in a straight line...he has probably never heard of corners!

Who knows, you may have spared a life by not encouraging him. Ya never know what stupid sh!t he might have done to try to stay ahead of you. He already showed he's not too bright by the way he was dressed.

Never feel bad for making a smart decision!
wink.gif

I think you made the right decision... Never a good Idea to go for broke when your tired and hurting from a long ride... and you had a tank bag!! You most certainly were not dissed or dusted so don't be pissed!
smile.gif

Babuski, when ever you get in the Savanah area again, look me up. I always go up there to ride on Sundays!

Whenever I have someone who looks like they want to run me (usually at a light) I ask myself three questions:
1. Will this vehicle take me off the light?
2. Will this vehicle take me at the top end?
3. Will this person pay my speeding ticket if we are pulled over? If the answer to any (almost always all) is no, then I just jump off the line and then let 'em blow on by. I think you made the right call!
thumbs-up.gif
I think you represented the "sensible Busa rider" and your the bigger man for it.

Game on... Fatigue is nothing to play with, after a long ride you are not ready to play w/ fools...

You'll see the fool again... and smoke'm
firedevil.gif

Hey, look at it THIS way...you made some 12 rider very happy...you should lurk on the 12 boards and watch him gloat...
laugh.gif

This guy is bold: no gear, shorts, sleeveless shirt and Passing cars at 150 or so.  I am on unfamiliar road with lots of hidden driveways and farm impliments...
He's not bold. He's brave. Brave, but fuggin stupid. I love those videos, especially of the young guys, who were wearing no gear, sleeveless shirts, shorts, and so forth, who wreck...I friggin love 'em...

I was riding through the kettles yesterday and got passed by two kids, one on an older gixxer, and I'm not sure what the other kid was on, but when they passed me they had to be doing like 90, at least...t-shirts, shorts...but helmets at least. I wasn't even angry, I actually was kind of worried for them. They passed me on a double yellow, coming to a long hill, and the one kid was still in the other lane when he popped up over the top of the hill. I have to admit it was hot out yesterday, but c'mon...I wasn't about to race. Not through the kettles were it's common for touristst to be gawking one way and drift into your lane...

You made the right move. Unfamiliar road with potential for side traffic.....high speed..BAD combo!
Let the squid without gear wad himself up. Not you.

And who cares what he might say to his fellow riders....chances are they are squids too. Do you really care what a squid thinks?

Ride to make YOU happy, and continue to use common sense so you can enjoy riding.

Good job.

Ego will get you killed. Let it go. You were the bigger man. The life you saved was probably your own.

Back