Didn't get the job.

Big Wall

Registered
Well after 3 months of testing and interviews I got the word today that I didn't get the Detention Deputy job that I had applied for. Don't know what I'm going to do now. I feel really low.

Cheer up bud.
Things will get better.
When one door closes, another opens, so may be you will get something that is better, and that was the reason.

Well after 3 months of testing and interviews I got the word today that I didn't get the Detention Deputy job that I had applied for. Don't know what I'm going to do now. I feel really low.

That really stinks. I know how you feel. Been unemployed since June. Waited a month on one job and didn't end up getting it.

Cheer up bud.
Things will get better.
When one door closes, another opens, so may be you will get something that is better, and that was the reason.

He's right. EVERYTHING happens for a reason. Keep your chin up.

I know how you feel; I kept getting turned down for jobs when I got back from Iraq in May, then one day, I got a job at a place about 10 minutes from my house...never even knew the place was there...just keep the faith...

Just remember dude that each day has it own set of anxieties, and this to shall pass.

sorry to hear this, just keep your head up and keep moving forward, something will turn up :beerchug:

Don't feel bad. Years ago I applied to seven agencies, essentially every agency in this small county I moved to. I placed high at every one and after weeks and months of testing and physicals...ad nauseum, two of them offerred me work in the same week! I actually got to choose between them. What about the other five? I was the same guy, same resume, same everything but five of them didn't offer me a job. Set your sights and go for it. There are plenty of agencies out there.

Keep applying to other places, or the same place after the wait period, you'll nail it eventually!

Cheer up bud.
Things will get better.

I agree 1,000 % :thumbsup:, later you'll look back and think, Geezzzzz I'am glad I didn't get that job. You'll only get a BETTER and More enjoyable job with more $$$ in the future. Just don't give up, and GO FOR IT :beerchug: !

And remember, WE'RE WITH YA :cheerleader:

Bruh, go back and ask what you were missing! I've seen and heard of many mistakes made by the investgative team when it comes to hiring detention officers. Ensure nothing was omitted from your application and explain and differences that they may have found. After 3 months of interviewing something just didn't line up correctly. Keep your head up and go by and visit the detention investgative team...JM2Cents!!

DEFINITELLY ask what went wrong. My sheriff dept said I live too far away.

Soooooo, now I'm going Army. I've wanted to be Special Forces since I was little. So now in losing my LE job, its forced me to pursue military experience. My family thinks based on my interest that I'll LOVE military service anyway.

Plus, I can retire in 20yrs in the military at 38, as opposed to almost 60 in LE...nuff said.:laugh:

Besides, being paid to shoot, throw grenades, and go new places...DUH!:rofl:

I know you're feeling low man, I was there not too long ago myself. What was said above is 100percent accurate, "when God closes a door, he always opens a window."

Feel free to PM me anytime man, just to chat/vent/whatever.

Good luck man, and yes, we're ALWAYS with you.:beerchug:

If you didn't get it Wall, then you weren't meant to get it, and you're better off for having NOT gotten it???

Does that make sense? Often times, shiddy things happen and we go Hrmmm, BUT without fail, following along behind that shiddy thing, is the good stuff that you'd have missed had you gotten the position.

For instance, NOW it's time for you to get away from the Cold and Snowy... WELL HEAVY SNOW ANYWAY... :) and discover the natural beauty that is Washington. It's like Colorado light, with a little bit of Pacific Ocean rubbed on it.

Take it from a Boulder Born and raised Colorado educated Native. I may not move home as planned because this state is so damn nice... Just a thought. Economy up here is doing pretty good comparatively... FWIW

Sorry you didn't get the position bro, BUT I'm sure that there's a better something following close behind.

really sucks man.. I wish u the best.. in the mean time have a few:beerchug: and relax.

Don't feel bad. Years ago I applied to seven agencies, essentially every agency in this small county I moved to. I placed high at every one and after weeks and months of testing and physicals...ad nauseum, two of them offerred me work in the same week! I actually got to choose between them. What about the other five? I was the same guy, same resume, same everything but five of them didn't offer me a job. Set your sights and go for it. There are plenty of agencies out there.

Plan to apply to certain number of vacancies every day… say you daily apply to 2-3 positions. Make summary of what you do once a week. It will work!!!

Just cheer up and continuously follow achieving your goal.

And as Projekt said there will be a better opportunity coming at you soon.

Back