Anyone Ever Use Craigslist To Get A Job?

busa186

Registered
I'm looking for a job just like everyone else. Although, I already have a job but its only a matter of time before I dont. I work for an online school and what once was a very good mix of online vs text base classes, has strongly become more online driven. We were once a small company and have grown to a very large corporation. That may sound like great opportunity but our distribution center is the only division in oregon and I would need to relocate to keep relevant, that is not an option.

I guess the whole point of this is I can't get a response from anyone! I can't even get them to tell me to leave them alone. I know there are tens of thousands of people looking for work, some for multiple years with much more qualifications than I. It just seems that they should tell you that the position has been filled or at least tell you that they received your app.

...and another thing, there is no information on the job your applying for. You can't even go down to the place and meet them face to face. Just ranting...

Lol

The title should be "anyone ever use criagslist to get a job" not amy. New phone got carried away, if any mods could change that...

Posted via Mobile Device

Re: Amy

That sucks man...

Id like to her more about Amy. Im thinkin shes 5'10", blonde hair, blue eyes, like long walks on the beach.... oops, wrong site, sorry guys.

Re: Amy

That sucks man...

Id like to her more about Amy. Im thinkin shes 5'10", blonde hair, blue eyes, like long walks on the beach.... oops, wrong site, sorry guys.

:laugh:

Dude, stick with the job search & don't give up. My brother was out of work pushing 18 mo, and looked as far as New York City (fly home to CA on weekends-crazy!), finally landed a job in San Francisco (120 miles away, got apartment there, home to kids/wife on wknds), he did whatever he could to stay afloat during the 18mo.

never used craigs list for a job but why not. I generally use "Indeed" as it pulls listing from all different places and puts them together for you

I have only posted open positions on CL....I always get tons of responces so we don't pay of newspaper adds anymore.

When I was looking, the placement service I used highly recommended using all online and social media options. More and more jobs are being posted there since it's pretty much free.

I actually got my job through Career Builder which I've been told is pretty unusual because I had absolutely no contacts or "pathway in" at my new company. They always pound in network, Network, NETWORK. And it's true, most people I know found their jobs through a freind of a friend of a friend.

Thanks for the links. I work as the purchasing manager. Customer service and small marketing support.

I actually got a call back from an HR department today. They told me to come in and introduce myself (?). So I take the rest of the day off from my current job. Go home, change my clothes, get my resume and some other things. Drive 30 miles... and the guys not there. Has Sunday/Monday off. Heading back tomorrow. It's been a long time since I had an interview, man I was nervous.
Posted via Mobile Device

I used craigslist personals for my current wife... Yes im looking for her a date so i could get some blasted sleep!!! Lol

I got a email back from a job I am perfect at. The response sounded a little canned, told me they want 18 months of work history, two references and I needed to take a an iq test.

Well first off, the link to the iq test failed. The email for this "fast paced, world wide company" came from a hotmail account. They were very detailed about how this iq test was extremely important to the application process. I would need to leave my phone number in the field provided on the iq test form.

I did some research and found out the iq test is set up to only give your results once your phone number is put in. Which, at that point charges your phone $9.99 and obligates you to a monthly service fee of $9.99.

SCAM. To bad, sound like a great job.
Posted via Mobile Device

Unfortunately, once you start looking for a job online, all of the scammers will be contacting you.

If it sounds legitimate apply for it, Company I work for was not getting people to go in and apply so management put up a craigslist ad, they got over 200 replies, they invited about 40 to come test, only 6 showed up and got the jobs. :moon:

Back