Anyone ever use GunBroker.com?

Tiller

Registered
Just curious... Not looking at buying anything but do get on there often just to look around.. But maybe down the road if I found the right gun would like to know if anyone has used them before I buy.

Just wondering if anyone has ever used them for a gun and your experience with that? Tips? Etc.

Thanks

The owner of gunbroker.com lives across the street from me. I know, how wierd is that! In my opinion, if you're buying used weaponry its not a bad place to buy.

Great place to buy. Just have a good, trustworthy FFL person nearby to ship to.

I used it recently to get a new ruger sr9c. I dealt with a dealer selling the gun. Gun broker seems to be just a front for marketing the items for dealers. I haven't bought anything used yet. I haven't bought anything from an individual from gunbroker.

^ This. Gunbroker is essentially a craigslist/ebay of guns. Though the site admins generally seem to be good people, individual experiences can and will vary based on who you're actually purchasing the item from.

Great place to buy. Just have a good, trustworthy FFL person nearby to ship to.

+1

It's been a while, but I was looking for something rare and special, a Belgium FN Browning 40 cal. They got it, the price was best and it was shipped to my FFL dealer.

If you're looking for a new item, I would also HIGHLY recommend Reed Firearms, based in Gilbert AZ. Give them a call and tell them that Anthony sent ya and they'll get ya some good prices on items. Still a small outfit, so they dont stock as much as some of the bigger groups, but awesome people!

Reed Firearms

Everyday I buy and sell something there just about.
Buy a gun from an out of state dealer to save the sales tax. :thumbsup:
Most dealers will do a simple transfer for anywhere from 10-25 bucks for you.
Really quite simple. Read feedbacks and make sure you see lots of 'it was as advertised in them'.
With guns especially your idea of like new is different from somebody else's so be careful.
Also need to make sure item is new and never been sold before because some will represent clean trades as new as well.

Only to check values. Often I don't find the prices are better than local. And if they are it's reduced by the hassle of ordering shipping waiting and paying you local guy store 30$ or so to receive it and hand it over to you.

An not a fan of the layout either. To much going feels cluttered.

Only to check values. Often I don't find the prices are better than local. And if they are it's reduced by the hassle of ordering shipping waiting and paying you local guy store 30$ or so to receive it and hand it over to you.

An not a fan of the layout either. To much going feels cluttered.

It does seem like the site could use a better layout... And I am not finding prices any better than local once you factor in shipping and FFL transfer fee, but that is for new guns...

Mainly what I am curious about is if I found a nice rifle or something that is not a standard rifle in stock at a retail store and the price was right. Dont think I would use it to by anything brand new that I could get at a local store tho.

I've made a couple of deals on Gunbroker. It has always worked well for me, but I'm sure there are some bad sellers too. Just like eBay, I'd pay attention to the feedback and use your best judgment. The layout of the site is really showing its age, but it's not too bad once you snoop around some.

In most cases the prices on the site will be pretty similar to regular gun store prices. The big difference is that you can often find items that our local stores may not have, and you can save on sales tax if you're buying big ticket items. I saved well over $200 in sales tax on the first purchase I ever made there. On top of that, none of the local stores had any idea if or when they would be able to get that particular item back in stock for me, since they are all buying from the same handful of distributors.

I'm seriously eyeballing a new 700P on there right now. Oh, and an old Marlin Goose Gun. I've always wanted one of those. :laugh:

I've made a couple of deals on Gunbroker. It has always worked well for me, but I'm sure there are some bad sellers too. Just like eBay, I'd pay attention to the feedback and use your best judgment. The layout of the site is really showing its age, but it's not too bad once you snoop around some.

In most cases the prices on the site will be pretty similar to regular gun store prices. The big difference is that you can often find items that our local stores may not have, and you can save on sales tax if you're buying big ticket items. I saved well over $200 in sales tax on the first purchase I ever made there. On top of that, none of the local stores had any idea if or when they would be able to get that particular item back in stock for me, since they are all buying from the same handful of distributors.

I'm seriously eyeballing a new 700P on there right now. Oh, and an old Marlin Goose Gun. I've always wanted one of those. :laugh:

Yea it seems the only thing I would use it for is something I can't get locally, basically a used rifle that I may be interested in for the right deal

And DANG you like those big ticket items!!! 700P? High Roller!

What exactly are you looking for?

Nothing really right now... just been looking into Mauser's since my grandfather has a german mauser 98 fitted onto a custom made stock. I am dying to get my hands on it and have it spruced up. I just started to research them some and thought maybe one day I would come across a sweet rifle I couldn't lay off of

Another sidebar: You know any good plcae local that may have some 8mm ammo?

Nothing really right now... just been looking into Mauser's since my grandfather has a german mauser 98 fitted onto a custom made stock. I am dying to get my hands on it and have it spruced up. I just started to research them some and thought maybe one day I would come across a sweet rifle I couldn't lay off of

Very nice. We have a war-worn M1 carbine that could use a little cleaning up, and a 1951 Russian SKS that's in great shape. I'd like to pick up a Mosin-Nagant if I ever run across a really nice one. That 7.62x54R makes for some serious muzzle flash.

There is also Armslist.com. I actually just sold a 1957 Marlin 39A on it. No hassles. Got a good price. Everyone was upstanding folks.

There is also Armslist.com. I actually just sold a 1957 Marlin 39A on it. No hassles. Got a good price. Everyone was upstanding folks.

Yea I also like to look there. Seems to me tho, at least in my area, its a lot of people wanting new retail price or more for what they got.

Back