Did someone ever race a "Datsun" GTR ?

heh, i work at a Nissan Dealership and yes the GTR is a great car. As far as going in a straight line, it doesnt compare to some other high expensive cars. The GTR is a car that is built to handle with god awfull amount of speed. And as far as price is concerned, its probably one of the lowest priced "Super Cars" on the market.

They drove one on a track on Top Gear and it threw the old man's back out.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Nissan-GTR-on-Top-gear_172852.htm

Last edited:
I love the GTR but I think it's way over priced for what it has

I can't figure out whether you are being sarcastic or not? The GTR is possibly the greatest supercar buy of all time.....you are just kidding right????

I really do love the GTR but I just think it's worth the extra 20K to get the ZR1 Vette that just seemed to be a lot better when I rode in it than the GTR. But yes I agree the GTR is top notch. I just fell in love with the Vette I guess. :laugh:

I thought these were $80k cars. What options push it to almost $96k? May as well buy a $50k Vette and add a turbo kit.

There is no need to buy a turbo just get your but in the ZR1 that car gets:thumbsup: from me. As for the price of these super sports cars it's about supply demand if you want one more than likely you will be paying over sticker if demand is high. Either way I would trade my Busa for either one in a heartbeat as long as they were paid off clear title:whistle: :rofl:

Last edited:
Only watched a couple minutes of it. That dude on the Busa out weighs my fat arse, and can't ride worth a dayum. Not much value in what I watched. Love the GTR :thumbsup:

You do know that the ZR1 is boosted too, right? Are you saying you like superchargers better than turbochargers?

I didn't pop the hood in it ... All I know is when he dropped the hammer on that bad boy I wanted to kick his arrs out the door an take off with it...SC, Turbo, hell I take it if it was a turbine I don't really have a preference other than the results:laugh:

The ZX-14 tries against the same car...
- (HD) Nissan GTR vs Kawasaki ZX-14[/url]

The car does the 1/4 Mile in 10.418 seconds.
Standing mile 26.928 seconds.(trap speed 310.88 km / h)

Last edited by a moderator:
The ZX-14 tries against the same car...

The car does the 1/4 Mile in 10.418 seconds.
Standing mile 26.928 seconds.(trap speed 310.88 km / h)

That's closer to what I'd expect now that the a.w.d. advantage has been reduced due to dry pavement. Bike slowly pulls ahead in the beginning, then is blown away at the end.

Power to weight ratio favors the bike at low to intermediate speeds.

Parasite drag favors the car at high speed. Even the most aerodynamic production bikes are still "dirtier" than high performance production cars.

how about even money. lets see one run a desmosedici rr in the dry, 0-200.

.... that gets spanked by the ZR1

- ZR1 Smokes GT-R: Chevy Corvette ZR1 vs. Nissan GT-R[/url]

This Zr-1 didn't do much spanking with this GT-R (same GT-R from the busa vids). Was tweaked to 750hp too:
- (HD) Corvette ZR1 vs Nissan GTR Switzer P800[/url]

These were roll ons. Can only imagine how much worse it would have been for the vette from a dead stop run. :whistle:

Heres yet another vid of that GT-R against a ZX-14 Ninja (Stock)

Now before we give this guy crap for not tucking in and falling asleep on launching, lets look at some things. First run he has a backpack and second run the backpack is gone and he's more serious. So he underestimated this car. Second, I find it amazing a STOCK or piped bike can run with a tuned car of this caliber. I've seen vids of the latest literbikes and 14's and new busa's running against 800rwhp supras and such and its a far different story from the old days of the "Walser supra vs Busa" video since the new bikes jump ahead and stay there until speeds get really extreme and start favoring the car more (180mph). This GT-R is a much different animal from your turbo tuner supra or blown viper that stuggle for grip at 80mph drops. It is an amazing car and we should be amazed modern sportbikes in near stock form driven by "average" skilled riders can do this well. :thumbsup:

Back