Did some maintenance today...

Mojave Mike

Registered
Needed to change my oil and filter, and also try out my new Busa work station. I had previously made a ramp the same height as my trailer, to be able to load my SV650 track bike without needing assistance, so I proceeded to make a work table the same height as the ramp...then I could run the bike up the ramp onto the table and have the bike at a nice height. The bike is held in place with tie down straps, so I can easily get to those awkward low down fairing bolts..(my back soon gives out if I do any bending)...also the bike is standing up straight.
I used Shell Rotella 15/40 dino oil (next oil change at 5000 miles will be Rotella synthetic)
Purolator oil filter ML16818
The table is covered in vinyl for easy oil spill clean up, and also I can wash the bike without getting the table saturated.
4616Busa_work_bench.jpg

looks good, it takes all of the fun out of laying on the cold concrete floor.
laugh.gif

what are you installing today? or are you polishing the belly wing bolts again?
poke.gif

Mike did you remove the OE rubber from your pegs?

Does it rip right off?

Mike did you remove the OE rubber from your pegs?

Does it rip right off?
I replaced the pegs with the 1" lower Buell Lightning pegs. You have to do a bit of filing to make them fit, and use plastic type tubing to bush the peg to suit the Busa pin, which is smaller dia than the Buell. I think I used 5/16" id x 7/16" od clear vinyl.

Back