Did I miss getting scammed?

theshnizzle

Rainbow of Skittles
Registered
I will try and make this short. I saw a white 09 for sale in a city far far from me,approx 3 days drive one way. I answer ad, negotiations ensue, price finally agreed upon.

Then starts the arduous ordeal of using Uship, which for those you have used it, it can take a bit of time to wait for the right bid to come in. I am in contact with seller,he says no worries about shipping, take my time until I find the right quote and comfort level.

So after a couple weeks,always contacting seller to update him, I secure shipping. He did not ask for a deposit, after talking with me and realized how serious I was, he considered the bike sold.

The same day I sent him the email about shipping, he sent me one that he had suddenly changed his mind,he was going to keep the bike. I was very disappointed, I had been to the bank,secured a loan ect.but he did not have a deposit, its his bike to do with what he will.

A week or so later, he has a fit of remorse, sends me a email saying he was sorry, do I still want the bike at the agreed price,he understands if I am wary now, his wife reamed him out about it blah,blah,blah.

So after some thought, I contact the shipper,set it up again, and tell seller what day the truck will be there. The driver agrees to have the bike on the truck before I do the transfer of funds into sellers account.

So I contact seller to tell him everything is set and good to go,but I don't hear back for a day or so.,previously he had been prompt about return contact.

So I figure right away something has gone south and sure enough, he comes back to tell me that he decided to take the bike to the dealer instead. So sorry......But wait!!!

The other day I am lazily scrolling through ads on Kijiji Canada wide. And lo and behold......There is the same white 09 busa for sale!! Pretty much the same text....."Time to sell the bike,got my eye on something else...."picture is exactly the same one,including the ones I asked him to send me.

So.....would I ever buy a bike again sight unseen,even after speaking numerous times with seller,email contact,ect? No.....of course, having said that I DID buy a bike far far from me,sight un-seen,BUT a wonderful Org. member who shall remain nameless.....( cough,cough....Fastfrogg ) went to check out the bike and seller for me.

So there is my story and I am glad it all worked out the way it did anyway,I am happy with the bike I bought but somewhere out there someone else is going to have their chain yanked.....unfortunately....

See, I knew you'd find something to bring to the bash with the North-East group! Fastfrog, good on you, brother! There's another reason you're on my friends list on Xbox... Laurie, I don't remember seeing any pics of your new steed. Maybe I'm amiss, correct me accordingly if so due. :rulez:

I will try and make this short. I saw a white 09 for sale in a city far far from me,approx 3 days drive one way. I answer ad, negotiations ensue, price finally agreed upon.

Then starts the arduous ordeal of using Uship, which for those you have used it, it can take a bit of time to wait for the right bid to come in. I am in contact with seller,he says no worries about shipping, take my time until I find the right quote and comfort level.

So after a couple weeks,always contacting seller to update him, I secure shipping. He did not ask for a deposit, after talking with me and realized how serious I was, he considered the bike sold.

The same day I sent him the email about shipping, he sent me one that he had suddenly changed his mind,he was going to keep the bike. I was very disappointed, I had been to the bank,secured a loan ect.but he did not have a deposit, its his bike to do with what he will.

A week or so later, he has a fit of remorse, sends me a email saying he was sorry, do I still want the bike at the agreed price,he understands if I am wary now, his wife reamed him out about it blah,blah,blah.

So after some thought, I contact the shipper,set it up again, and tell seller what day the truck will be there. The driver agrees to have the bike on the truck before I do the transfer of funds into sellers account.

So I contact seller to tell him everything is set and good to go,but I don't hear back for a day or so.,previously he had been prompt about return contact.

So I figure right away something has gone south and sure enough, he comes back to tell me that he decided to take the bike to the dealer instead. So sorry......But wait!!!

The other day I am lazily scrolling through ads on Kijiji Canada wide. And lo and behold......There is the same white 09 busa for sale!! Pretty much the same text....."Time to sell the bike,got my eye on something else...."picture is exactly the same one,including the ones I asked him to send me.

So.....would I ever buy a bike again sight unseen,even after speaking numerous times with seller,email contact,ect? No.....of course, having said that I DID buy a bike far far from me,sight un-seen,BUT a wonderful Org. member who shall remain nameless.....( cough,cough....Fastfrogg ) went to check out the bike and seller for me.

So there is my story and I am glad it all worked out the way it did anyway,I am happy with the bike I bought but somewhere out there someone else is going to have their chain yanked.....unfortunately....

Wow sorry to hear abt that. I just bought mine site unseen from an org member Ks-waterbug, transaction was perfect. I do not think I would conduct the transaction with someone who was not well proven on here. There are defninitely a lot of crooks out there. Pics of the new bike????? :worthless:

Arghh....ok,ok I will post some pics. Later today, give some some time to transfer them and try to remember my password on Photobucket.:laugh:

Yep, I am totally in Fastfroggs debt,like, forever!!!! The only way I would buy sight unseen is like you said,through a proven Org member only.

Laurie, are you going to take CasperLE up on his offer to meet him at his place to unload some of your stuff and riding in his Tonka Truck with him? Colton wants you to ride down with us. :laugh:

gotta be wary nowadays... scams are all over the place- glad you found a deal though:thumbsup:
just wish we had a pic or two...:whistle:

glad to hear everything worked out for you...wtg Fastfrog007 :beerchug:

Pics!!!!

IMG_1385.jpg

IMG_1405.jpg

Yea!!!! Nice pics laurie!!!! Sounds like colton really wants compamy besides drew for ride down lol

Yep, it turned out ok....but what's with dude? Why all the lies? Why couldn't he have just said straight up whats going on?, He is selling,no he's not,yes he is.... I took it to the dealer, it's gone....but wait, I didn't REALLY take it to the dealer,I kept it........WTF??

It's just weird behavior.....

Back