Figure this out.....Solutions please!!!

there are scammer all over and they are way smarter and better at scamming than you can imagine.

my buddy got scammed off of Ebay, they even went thru a third party escrow account hat turned out to be fake. you are trying to outsmart somone that may have run this scam 10-20 times, and is way more experienced than you.

1. by local
2. if what you are buying is so rare it is not available local, travel to see the bike and then ride,ship or trailer it home home.

PS: you can it inspected, take pictures even video of the bike....but you cannot guarantee that he does not strip off parts...etc before he crates it up and hands over to shipping company.

Wow, lots of great suggestions. This bike is above what my original budget was for, so additional funds for flying and riding home are limited. I roughly estimated that riding home willl cost me about $650 bucks and I have recieved a quote from a local-ish shipping company who deals in motorcycle shipping $800 all in.

There is also a chance that I may hit a freak snowstorm while riding home ( 3000 kilometers) And I'm betting it's gonna be cold!! Also, I need to factor in my potenial lost wages while doing this, as I work on call, so if I miss,lets say 3 shifts, there is a good chunk of my shipping costs.

A ticket, one way, out there is $340 bucks. Last week it was $150 btw....

I wouldn't buy it sight unseen.

+1 fly out if you can. I wouldn't buy a bike I didn't see, people can describe it, you can see pics'of it isn't the same. Only way I would consider a long distance buy unseen is if it were brand new in a dealer, I would probably still go see it first :laugh:

Last edited:
I havent discussed with the potential shipping company how far they will go ,I am sure they don't want to be responsible for determining if the bike is a good buy or not. Also, I would be riding a bike that I have never ridden before and let's hope nothing goes wrong mechanically or whatnot on the ride home, there is more money now.

BTW, is it just me or are people asking ridiculous prices for used busa's? Is it because Suzuki is not producing as many bikes and thus selling their stock or what?

I got a quote from a local dealer on 2010 for 14,200 OTD and some people are asking like 13,500 for 09's....stock...even 7,000 to 8000 for 06's. What the.....

Anyway, I would love to hear more suggestions if ya got em...
Oh, no bikes like what I am looking for anywhere......local or otherwise. This guys was the only one I have seen for 3 months so far...

+1 fly out if you can. I wouldn't buy a bike I didn't see, people can describe it, you can see pics'of it isn't the same. Only way I would consider a long distance buy unseen is if it were brand new in a dealer, I would probably still go see it first :laugh:

I learned this the hard way. :banghead: Now, I'm currently fixing a rusty gas tank! Thanks for the help ORG!!!!!!

where is the bike? There are Org members and Org members family everywhere, ya never know who maybe able to help:thumbsup:

Id trust a members here to look at a bike for me, givin the have a bunch of posts ect...

Back