Developing speedometer replacement, help needed

skotopes

Registered
Couple months ago I've lost speedometer in accident and found that they become unobtanium.
I've reverse engineered serial protocol and made drop-in replacement.

There are couple things that I need to clarify before I can make final version:
- I need high-res PCB photos
- Maybe some components nominal

I'm looking for someone who got working(or broken) speedometer and ready to disassemble and make high-res photos of PCB board.

Current prototype version in attachment

tempImageJFKT1S.png

B-Kings came to the U.S in 2008 only, but remained in several other markets in Europe and Australia through 2015, so you should be able to source a new oem replacement gage cluster from one of these countries.
That is true. But there are at least 6 different part numbers and the one I need is not available anymore.

Plus I want to make my one version with open source firmware.

That is true. But there are at least 6 different part numbers and the one I need is not available anymore.

Plus I want to make my one version with open source firmware.

The part numbers vary only because of the year, but are otherwise the same.
All B-Kings are the same with only a few exceptions.
U.S bikes do Not have ignition immobilizers.
All market B-Kings do or don't have ABS, but even if they do, it is a stand alone unit, one dash has the ABS board and bulb in it, the other doesn't.
It has always been my understanding that either dash works on either model, ABS or Non ABS.
I am sorry that I cannot help you further, as my B-King is long gone, otherwise I'de open it and take the pictures that you need.
But, there are a couple of guys here currently with B-Kings, so maybe one of them can help you.
Cool project, good luck with it.

The part numbers vary only because of the year, but are otherwise the same.
All B-Kings are the same with only a few exceptions.
U.S bikes do Not have ignition immobilizers.
All market B-Kings do or don't have ABS, but even if they do, it is a stand alone unit, one dash has the ABS board and bulb in it, the other doesn't.
It has always been my understanding that either dash works on either model, ABS or Non ABS.
I am sorry that I cannot help you further, as my B-King is long gone, otherwise I'de open it and take the pictures that you need.
But, there are a couple of guys here currently with B-Kings, so maybe one of them can help you.
Cool project, good luck with it.
That is super useful information. Thanks.

I’ll order one if no other options will be available.

Back