Depression is NOT a Chemical Imbalance

I disagree on soo many levels with this. I have whats called Atypical Anxiety and Manic Depression.

I went years feeling "different" and could not explain it. Some days I would be extremly happy and others overly emotional. Medication is the only thing that keeps me sane and stops the millions of thoughts and worries from engulfing my life. And no you cant say its the placebo effect cause I went through several medications until I finally found one that Helped.

My biggest complaint is the *$%ing cost of them...:moon: They say its for research but we have a drug rep bringing us lunch 3-5 days a week and on average can cost anywhere form 200-800$ a shot. Some research huh??:rulez:

Interesting video. I found myself falling into the category of "we believe it because doctors told us so".

i belive there is alot that is not explained..but i also believe 50 years ago we did not have all these "problems" additions of chemicals in food, pesticides and gene thearapy...i bleive contribute to alot of these problems...and A LACK OF DISCIPLINE as a child. alot of these labels are just that..labels so we can control ourselves by the pill instead of discipline. again there are obviously those who truely have brain disorders...but for the masses...its simply whinneing in my opinion.

PalV I would strongly suggest getting this video ( The living Matrix.) I've been studing Dianetics including Quantum Physics , Chi , etc etc . Seriously Great info IMO .. Just tring to be helpful.
I believe in balance and it seems like everyone wants there way of being correct, or I am the only one who is right in my beliefs ( etc ). Pharma pushes drugs , products that can cause cancer is sold on the store shelves , Yet Pot is illegal. It all comes down to $$$$$$$ and control.. and we are soooo busy as a working people we dont have time to balance our lives JMO.. I have been fighting some seriously bad stuff ( seems some cancer cells found their way into my Lymph system) , etc etc .. and its taken almost 1.5 years to get it corrected .. all seems well and I feeling great !!!!!!! Dianetics , quantum Physics & LOTS of raw foods . exercise , and listened to a CHI master . Blood test showed perfect a couple monts ago.. and I'm 48 yrs young and can squat 505lbs for reps. ( given 2 years ago 275lbs was my max ).. So to all My Busa Bros and sisters , I hope all can find balance ... wwwwwoooooossssaaaaaa!

Only two things causes depression here:

1.) Spotting a Popo while riding my Busa.
2.) When my Mother In-Law visits.

So, you felt like a Human...

lmao.

We have all been through depression. Instead of getting through it, americans have been brain washed into taking drugs which make their problems even worse.

Good thread but I promise you people who are taking drugs have it implanted inside their brain that it is a chemical imbalance. Nothing you say to them will convince them otherwise

Only two things causes depression here:

1.) Spotting a Popo while riding my Busa.

+1 lol

i belive there is alot that is not explained..but i also believe 50 years ago we did not have all these "problems" additions of chemicals in food, pesticides and gene thearapy...i bleive contribute to alot of these problems...and A LACK OF DISCIPLINE as a child. alot of these labels are just that..labels so we can control ourselves by the pill instead of discipline. again there are obviously those who truely have brain disorders...but for the masses...its simply whinneing in my opinion.

I agree with you 100%!!! take note smart man here!!!

I didn't watch the vid, but I did see their other production about how the earth was flat.....

Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

Dianetics and Scientology were written by a writer who pulled this stuff out of thin air to make money on his book. He sailed around the world on his yacht banging women and dodging the IRS. A first rate scammer, please don't believe anything from old Ron "I'll bang you" Hubbbard. Talk about people being led by a nut case. It only survives because new younger people or people who don't remember this shyster get sucked in. The guy is more popular dead then he ever was alive. It took on a life of its own once he croaked. Unbelievable!

Well I suffer from manic depression and all I can say is if I didn't have my medication I wouldn't be able to function at all. When my doctor changed my medication to Prozac it didn't work for me at all and it took me months to feel well again when I went back on my old medication, now I'm on Seroxat and I don't mind saying thank God I am, for me it is a choose between a good life and a s*** life and I choose to be well even if I have to take tablets to do it.

PalV I would strongly suggest getting this video ( The living Matrix.) I've been studing Dianetics including Quantum Physics , Chi , etc etc . Seriously Great info IMO .. Just tring to be helpful.
I believe in balance and it seems like everyone wants there way of being correct, or I am the only one who is right in my beliefs ( etc ). Pharma pushes drugs , products that can cause cancer is sold on the store shelves , Yet Pot is illegal. It all comes down to $$$$$$$ and control.. and we are soooo busy as a working people we dont have time to balance our lives JMO.. I have been fighting some seriously bad stuff ( seems some cancer cells found their way into my Lymph system) , etc etc .. and its taken almost 1.5 years to get it corrected .. all seems well and I feeling great !!!!!!! Dianetics , quantum Physics & LOTS of raw foods . exercise , and listened to a CHI master . Blood test showed perfect a couple monts ago.. and I'm 48 yrs young and can squat 505lbs for reps. ( given 2 years ago 275lbs was my max ).. So to all My Busa Bros and sisters , I hope all can find balance ... wwwwwoooooossssaaaaaa!

....How exactly are you applying quantum physics to your life? Some of the greatest minds in the world have a hard enough time tackling the concepts of quantum physics and you are saying that you are applying these concepts to daily life? BTW Chi and quantum physics do not belong together in the same sentence.

Being in the healthcare field, I am skeptical to this sites claims, but I must admit some of the articles cited are interesting. I've never heard of the link between sudden cardiac death and antidepressant or psychotropic drug use, even though these articles do require some more investigation.

The fact of the matter is, some research has indeed correlated with the current theory on the cause of depression (pathologic depression, because depression is indeed a normal state when temporary). In fact, some research has shown structural changes that occur within the brain in depressed patients compared to those that are not. As far as I am aware, this research did not compare these results with depressed patients that are on medications. Meaning, who knows if these meds have tangible proof of working. (BTW this was just one study mind you).

Depression is not just an "in your head" thing, there are actually some somatic symptoms as well. For example, the research showing structural changes in the brain of depressed patients believed this explained why patients that are depressed tend to have blunted emotional responses and a flat affect (Some of the structural differences in the brain that were seen were in the parts responsible for facial expression etc.).

The guy lost me pushing his agenda by citing the number of people that have died on these medications - I am sure those numbers include overdoses, in which an overdose on some of these drugs can be extremely dangerous. One of the reasons SSRI's (Your major antidepressants like Prozac) are so popular is because they are less dangerous, especially when someone attempts to overdose on them.

I do agree however that the mental illness related field of medicine is riddled with the over use of medication. The problem is, many people almost outright demand a drug to "fix" there problem. Not to mention, I honestly don't believe some of these people have a problem we can fix - not anytime soon anyway. (Look up borderline personality disorder, and all the other personality disorders to see what I mean). In certain cases, drug use would probably help, other cases, not so much.

Another note, you didn't hear about these problems in the 50's because these problems weren't something you talked about. How many gay people were around in the 50's? How many people abused alcohol in the 50's? Think it was any less?

I agree with the other poster though - I am skeptical of the pharmaceutical companies. They have deep pockets and money talks, just look at the push for mandatory injections of Gardacil (Sp?) The injection that will prevent Cervical cancer. A poorly researched drug that became required by certain states in order to attend school. I've had to hear patients state that they simply cannot afford their medications (very important meds I might add), meanwhile PCP's around the country are being fed Red Lobster each day for lunch by drug reps (these guys are payed well too).

There is more I would like to add to this, but I have to go to work. I will end this by saying that more research needs to be conducted in this field. :rulez:

Back