Definition of a squid?

To quote another board that I frequent...

squid (skwd)
n. pl. squids or squid

A motorcycle rider who demonstrates a lack of respect for the general public and the failure to realize the possible negative impact that could result from their riding actions on public or non-public roads.

The squid is just unable to rationalize or conceptualize the possible negative outcomes resulting from their actions. This is regardless of whether or not they wear protective gear.

The squid does not realize that it is not that they are not wearing gear that makes them a squid - it is the fact that they think they are exempt from social morales and can pull a 10 o`clock wheelie on public roads or weave in and out of traffic at twice the traffic speed just because they can.

A squid is a cephalopod :laugh:

Actually, HillsRider hit the nail on the head.

Oh no, wait for it....FLASHBACK!

Last edited by a moderator:
To quote another board that I frequent...

squid (skwd)
n. pl. squids or squid

A motorcycle rider who demonstrates a lack of respect for the general public and the failure to realize the possible negative impact that could result from their riding actions on public or non-public roads.

The squid is just unable to rationalize or conceptualize the possible negative outcomes resulting from their actions. This is regardless of whether or not they wear protective gear.

The squid does not realize that it is not that they are not wearing gear that makes them a squid - it is the fact that they think they are exempt from social morales and can pull a 10 o`clock wheelie on public roads or weave in and out of traffic at twice the traffic speed just because they can.

Webster could not have said it better!!:thumbsup:

Not to jack this thread but I've got a better question. How do you get them to quit riding with you. I pull up every Sat. night to the races just to watch and meet up with a few friends and then go for a ride. But there is this one @**#! that is just plain stupid. He rides a s-rad 750 and is just a scary rider. We hate this guy and just short of kicking his @$$ I really dont know what to do with this guy. Anyone have any input? This is the guy you see with no gear and wearing slacks and thrashing through traffic at 100 mph. He's so dumb he even throttles up going through water on the road. One of the guys I ride with even hoped that one night he would crash just to teach him a lesson.

Great definition, we all know them and have seen them.

One that really sticks out in my mind. Rides around on an old FZR. It's been painted flat black from what appears to be a 99 cent can of spray paint. Wears no helmet, usually has a cigarette hanging out of his mouth as he rides through town. If you are lucky he will have on a tshirt the day you see him, he usually doesn't wear a shirt at all.

Bike sounds like an ole 900 kaw, some kind of home made exhaust because it just wasn't cool until it was loud. Headlight only works about every third time you see him and rides like your typical squid.

Yes we've all seen them! :rofl::rofl:

To Busaone, tell him to stay the hell away from you guys.

As for squid definition... I believe it was Warbrown that made this...

post-12-04891-squidaward.jpg

Oh noes!!! I think i'm a squid:oh: Cept I'm too scared to do wheelies and stoppies...and I don't like to speed through traffic...and i'm overly cautious...but other than that i'm all squid!:down:

I've seen squids WITH gear. That's why the definition works so well "A motorcycle rider who demonstrates a lack of respect for the general public and the failure to realize the possible negative impact that could result from their riding actions on public or non-public roads."
and
"The squid is just unable to rationalize or conceptualize the possible negative outcomes resulting from their actions. "

It's hard for me to put into words, but yet I know it as soon as I see it.

Back