Defeated by the Fairing tonight..sad..

really appreciate it guys..i will reward u all with glorious pictures of the bike and sound clips with the new exhuast...

hahah...as if u have never seen one before!!! hahah

beerchug.gif

For what ever reason the left side fairing is easier to remove, maybe becuase the right side grommet was installed crooked which made it pinch the retaining pin even more then it would normally.

The plastic on a busa just plain sucks. Its the hardest bike plastic wise I've EVER worked on. I extend my oil/filter change intervals with synthetic oil and stock filters for just that reason
winkold.gif
it helps ALOT to spray WD-40 on the rubber grommets and prongs...or grease the grommets lightly before putting things together. It'll make a HUGE diff getting them apart next time.....MUCH easier
winkold.gif
laugh.gif
thumb_up.gif

winkold.gif

no sir...i am speaking with hope in my voice....I will be home by 715 tonight and start again...if all goes well i will shine her up and be ready for pics on friday...and sound clips...maybe a fly by or 2 for u all as well.

I really hate the tabs that connect the upper and lower fairings. What a PAIN!

I think that I found the solution to the problem of removing the fairing. Installing it will be another issue.

6536_21.jpg

First time I took the Right fairing off
banghead.gif
( little embarrassed ) two hours. The second time about a month later 15 minutes
laugh.gif
Don't feel bad the second time I didn't have to run back and look at the computer once for instructions..
ThumbsUp.gif

Boy am I glad to hear from you guys. I was embarassed to admit that I got it off and back on---but I still didn't know how I did it. The front of the main fairing seemed to get stuck on the nose piece and I couldn't get it free. I only did it once, and I was SOOOOO frustrated. Nothing like my '06! Hopefully next time will be better.

After I got mine off and finished the oil change, I actually put it on and took it off again just to get some muscle memory for it I guess, after doing that every thing seemed to fall into place and it came right off.

Yup, when everyone started ooooing and ahhhhing about no frankinstein bolts, they weren't thinking about the price you have to pay for the clean look of no bolts.

I perfer the bolts myself, so much easier to work with.

Yup, when everyone started ooooing and ahhhhing about no frankinstein bolts, they weren't thinking about the price you have to pay for the clean look of no bolts.

I perfer the bolts myself, so much easier to work with.
Actually I prefer dezus fasteners and race style quick removal bodywork without all the plastic that wraps/hooks over/under/around everything else on the bike. You really need to be an octopus to remove busa plastic without scratching it up
sad.gif
rock.gif
thumb_down.gif
And it sounds like the 08 is even more of a pain than the first gen........Suzuki really should've addressed this
wtf.gif

Back