Fairing Removal Help! Quick please!

San Diego Busa

Registered
Hey Guys

Got my bike about to do an oil change. Ive read the manual and watch the tutorials. I got all of the push pins and bolts off. Fairing is 99% of the way off but something is stuck on the top right where the lower cowling connects to the front fairing/headlight piece.

Everything else is off and its hanging there

Can visually see nothing is there, but im afraid to yank on it.

Any secrets??

Thanks

There is one screw behind the dask panel. Right where the dash nose and side all come together. Pull the dash part and you will see it. Its a screw or push pin. Don't remember off hand.
Posted via Mobile Device

There is one screw behind the dask panel. Right where the dash nose and side all come together. Pull the dash part and you will see it. Its a screw or push pin. Don't remember off hand.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks, i got that one.

Everything is detached from the bike, but it seems the plastics are somehow stuck together

Stop!

You must LIFT UP to get the fairing off.
There is a pin on fairing that goes down into frame.
You have to lift up, lift up, lift up and then take it off.

The gen ii plastics do snap together alot so if you have all the screws and push pins shown the just give it a gentle pull.
Posted via Mobile Device

Stop!

You must LIFT UP to get the fairing off.
There is a pin on fairing that goes down into frame.
You have to lift up, lift up, lift up and then take it off.

Thanks, yes, its a GenII.

Fairings are disconnected from the frame, easily pull away from it, its stuck on the nose cone piece at the seperation line

I see what your saying now.

You have to reach up in there from front over front tire and unsnap the nose from the fairing. The nose and fairing clip together and this is what's holding it together.
Reach your hand up in there and you will feel the seam where it goes together.
To use an anology you may be familiar with. It's like a bra you have to flip/unsnap it :)

Thumb on tabs push it and unsnap it from inside along the edge where they connect from inside .

You have to reach up in there from front over front tire and unsnap the nose from the fairing. The nose and fairing clip together and this is what's holding it together.
To use an anology you may be familiar with. It's like a bra you have to flip/unsnap it :)

A bra, that's funny. Yeah. Sounds like you are hung up under the nose.
Posted via Mobile Device

AWESOME!!! Got it!!! Thanks guys!!! :thumbsup:

Once you get it off it'll be easy to see how it snaps onto the nose.
It may help for you to remove the last piece of the inner cowling right under the headlight.
Four push pins and it comes out. Two are already out. Once that piece is out you can easily see the seam from the inside.

Once you get it off it'll be easy to see how it snaps onto the nose.
It may help for you to remove the last piece of the inner cowling right under the headlight.
Four push pins and it comes out. Two are already out. Once that piece is out you can easily see the seam from the inside.

I always pull the all the way out, makes it easier.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back