fairing help

luvmybusa

Donating Member
Registered
ok guys...i read over the power point a few times, i have all of the pins out (or i think i do) the entire fairing is freed up EXCEPT where it meets the nose cone. WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO GET THIS THING OFF?!?!?!

There is a small pressure pin in the middle on each side that has to come out. Sorry I dont have a picture

Once I got all the pins out I still had an issue with this part, I just had to pull kinda hard and it came off, it was snapped in. Make sure you get all the pins out though.

There are also a few points where the mounting tabs on the faring fit into grommets in the frame. They can be in there pretty tight, but should come out if you give it a tug. Just make sure you don't break anything, I'm sure it would suck to replace.

Also, check in your manual, 7-17, I believe, to make sure you got all of the pins out before your pull anything.

:laugh: After you've taken all the pins and screws off, you take off the side cowling by pulling it towards you. Now be carefull, there are three pins that have to come out and another one near the tank that comes out by lifting the fairing. The sound of the panel coming off is scary....you think you just broke it :please:

Again make sure all the pins are pulled but I had the same problem I pulled the fairing down and forward at the same time. It did take a little pressure to get it off. If you crack it it's only around $350.:rofl:Once you do it once though it will be a breeze the next time.

Back