Death Valley

StwBusa

Banned
I am planning a long trip in the late spring and one of the other guys I am riding with wants to go thru Death Valley... I must admit I am intrigued at the idea ....Any one ever done it???? Can you speed thru it or is is full of cops looking for easy targets???

I go every other year or so. It is patrolled by CHP but usually only one cruiser. More presence on weekends.

There is one highway out (towards west) and it's absolutely gorgeous. Straight with no feeder roads.

I just went through Death Valley this past summer. I loved it... was a nice ride and saw no police on the entire road... then again, I hardly saw any cars at all!! I will say however, that I went through in early August... I LOVE the heat but, not THAT MUCH heat!! :lol:

Photo-0104.jpg

Photo-0105.jpg

Photo-0108.jpg

For the entire stretch of road you can see, this is the only connecting road.

Yes, yes, she did stretch her legs a bit.

DSC01394_smaller.JPG

Part of me wish I had flown through... LOL!!! I had the GENIUS IDEA to go through at 1PM in August (what can I say... I'm just a dumb Canadian... I didn't know it was going to be THAT HOT!!). The temperature outside that little store in Stove Pipe Wells (see pics above!) said 120 but, as the guy in the store pointed out... that was in the shade!! He said it was probably more around 130 in the sun!!

I spent the night in Beatty, Nevada and got there around 4PM... was never so glad to get into an AC room!! :lol:

I love romping through Death Valley... any month of the year!

This is July, 2008, somewhere near Furnace Creek...

DV_8AM1024.jpg

Same trip... this is the infamous Devil's Cornfield.....

DevilCornfield1024.jpg

Back