DEALER MODE / SERVICE RESET

I've tried this on my 2022. Paperclip shorting the black and red wires, as described above. Yet there is no RESET option that appears. I've followed the steps as outlined in posts above. Is there something different for 2022?

I've tried this on my 2022. Paperclip shorting the black and red wires, as described above. Yet there is no RESET option that appears. I've followed the steps as outlined in posts above. Is there something different for 2022?
The RESET indicator doesn’t appear until the circuit is tripped. You have to be under the SERVICE screen.

Watch the video

I just checked it everyone. I'll try to upload a video but once you cycle the key...

HOLD DOWN -SET

Menu will display, then go down to SERVICE (select)

Put a paperclip in the outer holes WHITE/RED and BLACK/WHITE.

Once you do service interval will display RESET.

Hit reset or make changes for the interval menu you are on and then hit EXIT when done

Poof, no $80 dealer switch required... ;)
I have a code reader and the adapter. I'm going to try to reset it Today using that method.
I'll update later

So if all that needs to be done is closing the circuit, then a paper clip will work instead of having to spend upwards of $80 for a switch/wires
A paperclip will work. I had taken my bike in for routine maintenance and they did not reset the service mileage. I took a paperclip and did it myself. Saved money and a 30mile trip there and back!

I would recommend Boost by Smith for the resetting the service milage without the concern of damaging the pins in the connector. Ya sure you can use a paperclip but if you bend or damage the pins in the connector your going to be .... *Can't use profanity*

I would recommend Boost by Smith for the resetting the service milage without the concern of damaging the pins in the connector. Ya sure you can use a paperclip but if you bend or damage the pins in the connector your going to be .... *Can't use profanity*
I was thinking the same thing or at least some 18 gauge wire. They are likely female pins but…

Seems pretty savage to be jamming a paper clip in a connector.

200.gif

Remember guys, you don’t have to jam it in..lol. :rofl:

Just lightly touch the connector with the paper clip just enough to trigger it. :laugh:
Haven't we all done the same over the years to check for 12V Ignition on/off?
Straightened out Paper clips in the plug, alligator clips to paper clip and to the Voltmeter Probes that won't fit?

Will a OBD2 reader have the ability to reset the service warning? If not, the paper clip is easy enough.

Okay, so this isn't Marine-proof. I did my 600 mile service this evening with no issues. Ran through this process and heard an audible click up in the dash area (thought that was the indicator that I had closed the circuit) and now I have a check engine light on the display and the reset never did show itself. Oh...and now the bike is paperweight for all intents and purposes...won't start. I'm guessing a fuse, but wanted to check in here to see you all (the experts) have any ideas. @smithabusa how much for one of those OBD/EOBD rigs of yours??

You
Okay, so this isn't Marine-proof. I did my 600 mile service this evening with no issues. Ran through this process and heard an audible click up in the dash area (thought that was the indicator that I had closed the circuit) and now I have a check engine light on the display and the reset never did show itself. Oh...and now the bike is paperweight for all intents and purposes...won't start. I'm guessing a fuse, but wanted to check in here to see you all (the experts) have any ideas. @smithabusa how much for one of those OBD/EOBD rigs of yours??
Can jump the connector with a paperclip to see what the fault is

Also, this was on my 2023 Busa...

You

Can jump the connector with a paperclip to see what the fault is
I just placed the order. Appreciate the help!

Back