DEALER MODE / SERVICE RESET

Got-Busa?

Donating Member
Registered
Finally had a chance to go through the service manual tonight and found the "service reset" and wanted to share.

I haven't verified if it's the same black/white-red/white jumper like on the previous Gen (without buying the dealer switch) but based on the switch diagram it's similar if not the same.

If anyone has a chance tonight to double check, please report back.

F75A600C-86B6-434E-8FB0-E6E31E7D8223.jpeg

CB252139-4F84-439B-AE42-3A7C552A8FFD.jpeg

B0670853-C25B-4E7A-9465-C4732796D75C.jpeg

AD5AC47C-5B5F-46F6-A608-0EE0FC4B4950.jpeg

So if all that needs to be done is closing the circuit, then a paper clip will work instead of having to spend upwards of $80 for a switch/wires

So if all that needs to be done is closing the circuit, then a paper clip will work instead of having to spend upwards of $80 for a switch/wires
If it's like the Gen-2 and so far it appears so, you just use a .02$ paperclip to jump the circuit and it displays codes and service mode.

I hope Suzuki isn't charging $80 for that switch... :shocked:

I just checked it everyone. I'll try to upload a video but once you cycle the key...

HOLD DOWN -SET

Menu will display, then go down to SERVICE (select)

Put a paperclip in the outer holes WHITE/RED and BLACK/WHITE.

Once you do service interval will display RESET.

Hit reset or make changes for the interval menu you are on and then hit EXIT when done

Poof, no $80 dealer switch required... ;)

I just checked it everyone. I'll try to upload a video but once you cycle the key...

HOLD DOWN -SET

Menu will display, then go down to SERVICE (select)

Put a paperclip in the outer holes WHITE/RED and BLACK/WHITE.

Once you do service interval will display RESET.

Hit reset or make changes for the interval menu you are on and then hit EXIT when done

Poof, no $80 dealer switch required... ;)
One thing I might add, when you put the paper clip to the electrical connector all you have to do is make the connection you don't have to shove the paper clip in and hurt the pin connector. Use a small skinny paperclip. Then you really won't hurt anything.

there are two different part numbers, one is 20 bucks, how come this one is 80?. I may cut into the wiring harness and install a toggle switch. I installed one for my GEN one, and it allows me to immediately go into diagnostic mode, as much as I read the TPS for tuning. Especially when I'm working on the throttle body air flow. Simple, cheap.

Last edited:
sorry

the art.-numbers differ between gen1 / gen2 / gen3

but at www.xmas.at perhaps one can find the fitting connector if the one "on board" is known / photographed
the simple two-point-switch (on/off) should be available at everey electronic parts store.

then you can recreate the whole tool for a fraction of the suzuki price
I hope this is THE ONE WE NEED :
xmas1.at Screen Shot 08-06-21 at 12.59 PM.JPG

there are two different part numbers, one is 20 bucks, how come this one is 80?. I may cut into the wiring harness and install a toggle switch. I installed one for my GEN one, and it allows me to immediately go into diagnostic mode, as much as I read the TPS for tuning. Especially when I'm working on the throttle body air flow. Simple, cheap.
The cheap one is the old plug from what I could see. You could just buy that and swap the pins to the new style red plug.

Got my 600 mile service done today, I didn't notice the wrench icon top left of TFT screen until i was 10 miles from dealer. Got home, cycled power off and on. SERVICE! displays before switching to normal gauges.

Thanks to this thread now it's reset and happy again! Paperclip and 30 seconds work. Thanks guys

Got my 600 mile service done today, I didn't notice the wrench icon top left of TFT screen until i was 10 miles from dealer. Got home, cycled power off and on. SERVICE! displays before switching to normal gauges.

Thanks to this thread now it's reset and happy again! Paperclip and 30 seconds work. Thanks guys
Glad it helped, welcome! :beerchug:

Back