Dealer games...............AAAAAAAAHHHH!

scottybusa

Donating Member
Registered
OKay..............I live in Colorado and decided to hit the local dealer near Longmont ( I25 and HWY66) on my lunchbreak.  I was surprised to find 4 2003 'busas in the showroom and not a single '04!!!!  I hadn't really given the '03 colors a thought until now.  As usual the sales manager hit me with a few numbers.  I wasn't really interested but he offered to sell one for 9600.....then after walking away to look at leathers he offers 9400.  I'm trying to decide just how hooked I was on the '04 colors, but decide to head back to work(I'm running out of time).  He comes out and says......If I can sell one of these to you for $8000 OTD, right now would you buy?   This really threw a kink in my plans, but I had to get back to work.  As I was driving I came to the conclusion that paint wasn't worth the difference in price...........I just couldn't pass up the deal.  I called back from my cel phone and said sold!!!   After about 2 minutes of being on hold the sales guy says........We can't afford to let it go for that amount, we just wanted to see if you would be willing to pay that much!!!  Can you believe that?
rock.gif
???  I was so mad!!!!  AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They suck!     What a game!!!

rant.gif

rant.gif

rant.gif

soapbox.gif

soapbox.gif

rant.gif

rant.gif

soapbox.gif

I would have to be a bobo about it and say that if that was the price I was told and now I want it, right F`in now!!!

I would have been a total bobo.

ahh.. just shot himself in the foot I suppose... haha, i woulda made the trip to get one for that.. haha

I know they suck. But remember this - you would like the place you buy it from to be the closest to you and for them to like you. What I did was shop everywhere else then get the price you want from the local guy. That being said I don’t think I could buy one from that bobo so maybe the next closest one to you?

That is a completely azzhole, bu#$%^it maneuver! I certainly wouldn't be buying anything from him!

what a fuggin prick...

Does he have a supervisor? I would take the matter up with him/her

I'd tell him that you and he made a binding oral contract and that you expect them to honor it.

That is just a cheap low rent sales tactic.
Tell the sales manager that
"if you'll stand for that - you'll kneel for this"
Go buy somewhere else!

Lost a potential buyer AND everyone you EVER talk to including people on this board... and post this message on sportbikes.net and everywhere else you can find.
wink.gif

Thanks guys.....................it helps having you guys back me up on feeling like I got taken for a ride. I did call the general sales manager back......................apparently it's a much used tactic.............the key words in his opinion is the "what if" part of the leadin question. I told him I wasn't happy with his sales team.................don't know if it will do much good. He might offer the bike for somewhere in between.....but don't really feel like giving them any business whatsoever. Oh well............................back to hounding the sales guys for the '04s.

OKay..............I live in Colorado and decided to hit the local dealer near Longmont ( I25 and HWY66) on my lunchbreak.  I was surprised to find 4 2003 'busas in the showroom and not a single '04!!!!  I hadn't really given the '03 colors a thought until now.  As usual the sales manager hit me with a few numbers.  I wasn't really interested but he offered to sell one for 9600.....then after walking away to look at leathers he offers 9400.  I'm trying to decide just how hooked I was on the '04 colors, but decide to head back to work(I'm running out of time).  He comes out and says......If I can sell one of these to you for $8000 OTD, right now would you buy?   This really threw a kink in my plans, but I had to get back to work.  As I was driving I came to the conclusion that paint wasn't worth the difference in price...........I just couldn't pass up the deal.  I called back from my cel phone and said sold!!!   After about 2 minutes of being on hold the sales guy says........We can't afford to let it go for that amount, we just wanted to see if you would be willing to pay that much!!!  Can you believe that?
rock.gif
???  I was so mad!!!!  AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They suck!     What a game!!!

rant.gif

rant.gif

rant.gif

soapbox.gif

soapbox.gif
Hmmm actually, I think if you took that to court you could probably get them to sell it to you for that price.... maybe. I mean they named the price, I think that would be in the realm of false advertisement...

not that I am a lawyer or anything, might be worth checking out though

rant.gif

rant.gif

soapbox.gif

Ok, I looked into it for you. You would have a legitimate legal case if you had actually accepted the $8,000 offer when he said it. His offer was a binding offer and if you accepted it, you WOULD have an oral agreement that they would be legally bound to follow. But since he prefaced his "offer" with "right now," and you left - the offer had a condition precedent, namely that you had to accept it immediately for it to be binding on both parties. They are not bound to this agreement, but morally I would stay FAR away from these guys.

Oh yeah, false advertisement doesn't come into play here because they didn't "advertise" it per se, rather they made you an offer in person. If they put it in the newspaper at $8,000 you would have a false advertisement issue to at least examine.

Dude, that's false advertisement. I'd go to the manager and if the issue was not resolved I'd call Suzuki. If they're a licensed distributer of Suzuki products, they are making Suzuki look bad by playing games with customers. Next I'd buy a busa from another dealer and pay them a little visit to show off the newly obtained beast from someone else's showroom.
mad.gif

we all need to get on our bikes and had have a protest in their parking lot and call the local tv stations !!!

Back