Dealer a, b or c?

Over_Easy

GEO-STABILIZATION EXPERT
Donating Member
Registered
Need some help making a decision.

Lets say three dealers will sell you the bike you want for the same price and are all equidistant from your house. All three sales managers were easy to work with.

What makes you decide to purchase from one dealer over the others?

What questions should I ask or information should I request to assist in deciding which one to purchase from?

If the dealers are all asking the same price and I was trying to narrow the field -
Which one rides a Busa?
Which has the better service department as rated by customers?
Which has the best attitude about you and your purchase?

equidistant?
rock.gif

Quality of service dept.

If the dealers are all asking the same price and I was trying to narrow the field -
Which one rides a Busa?
umnik.gif
What MC said...

Also, how will you be treated AFTER the sale? Are they gonna forget about you or will they treat ya right with discounts on parts and accessories?

Speaking of the latter, which dealer(s) is/are willing to either throw in some gear or give you a nice discount on some gear with your purchase?

Again, all else being equal, saving some $$$ on gear/mods is worth it!

Which one rides a Busa?
umnik.gif
 What MC said...

Also, how will you be treated AFTER the sale?  Are they gonna forget about you or will they treat ya right with discounts on parts and accessories?

Speaking of the latter, which dealer(s) is/are willing to either throw in some gear or give you a nice discount on some gear with your purchase?

Again, all else being equal, saving some $$$ on gear/mods is worth it!
+1

Which one rides a Busa?
Completely agree!

But, if all the dealers are asking the same price and you still can't decide, then start trying to work them against one another with price.

The same day I was given a price from dealer X I walked into another dealer who had the same 06 blk/gray for $700 more. When I told him I was shopping at dealer X and told him the price OTD, he offered to beat the price by $250 on the spot.

Dealers are paying a loan for every new bike in the showroom, and it isn't making them money if it's sitting there. They WANT to sell the bike. And even if you save $250, it's still $250 in your pocket.

My first question, all other things being equal would the be the experience and qualifications of thier mechanics.  If for no other reason that to have a good source of information (other than the ORG).  For instance, the lead mechanic at my dealer has an a$$whack of certifications AND rides a Busa.

JMHO

Don

Just thought of this too. If you have been to all 3 dealers to speak to them. See which one remembers your name when you walk thru the door.

<!--EDIT|usn04limited
Reason for Edit: "Forgot something"|1149831141 -->

To me, in addition to them having qualified mechanics, the relationship I have with the service manager makes ALL the difference. He's the guy I'll be dealing with most of the time after the sale anyway.

Back