dead battery blues

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
I guess I left my "PARK" light on in the garage for a couple days and now it's deader than dead. Do I just go buy a new one or attempt to recharge this one? It's an 03 and has always been fine battery wise.

...and as a side rant, I wonder who ever uses the "PARK" light for anything? It really is a useless feature if you use your head: If you are parked someplace where it would be advantageous to use a "PARK" light to avoid getting hit, perhaps you should rethink WHERE you are parked in the first place and get out of harms way.

...park light.... :p :p :p

I agree with the parking light issue!! It is kinda useless. I would recommend getting a new battery..these things usually don't last over a year or two anyway.

Try charging it. What will it hurt?
Just trickle charge it and see if it takes.
If not you know what's next.

mine died, I replaced it with the higher powered one and have been happy with it since.

Can always try to charge it, probably gonna wind up with a new one anyway though
wink.gif

Recharge it. If the battery is healthy, no harm no foul. A healthy battery can withstand being totally discharged for a short time. If it was limping along, this may have been the death blow.

You will need to replace it. Lead acid batteries once fully cycled, or discharged, will only have the capacity to reach 50% of it's previous maximum charge level. So if your battery wasn't 100% before this, which is unlikely, then you will be in pretty poor shape. Get a new one or get stranded when you least expect it.
smile.gif

Also the Battery Tenders are a great idea and keep your Battery in top shape!
smile.gif

yeah I have the battery tender and USUALLY plug it in after every ride.. but...... duh. oh well. I am getting a new one with this weeks tune up. thanks for the input guys!

...and as a side rant, I wonder who ever uses the "PARK" light for anything?  It really is a useless feature if you use your head:  If you are parked someplace where it would be advantageous to use a "PARK" light to avoid getting hit, perhaps you should rethink WHERE you are parked in the first place and get out of harms way.

...park light....  :p  :p  :p
If for some reason your bike was disabled and you had to leave it on the side of the road with the flashers on, I think the park feature would come in handy. Of course I'm sure you would never leave your bike, but I think it does have a useful purpose.

Kev

Oh wait, yours doesn't have flashers. Well, if had an 04 or 05 it would be useful.

Back