Parking lights/dead battery

08BusaKY

Registered
I have an 08. One time I turned the motor off and took my key out and when I walked away I noticed my parking lights were on.

Today I came out of work and went to start the bike and my battery was dead. I got a jump and was good to go after a 30 mile ride home.

I suspect I left my parking lights on again. It is so easy to turn the motor off and pull the key out in that position.

Have any of done this and care to admit it? :whistle:

yes, for 1 second but again I always look at her as I walk away. But again my Scorpino alarm would not turn on with any plower flowing.

I did around Christmas 2005. Got home and Sherry met me at the bike rushing me to get tp a party at her sister's house. Didn't notice I had turned the key all the way and left it that way overnight. Re-charged the battery and it is still in the Busa today.

I did this with my 07 once. I didn't even notice the little P before this happened. I came back three days later and the battery was dead. The End

Last edited:
Who would do such a stupid thing? OK OK I did it, are you happy now? :laugh:

gotta love that last little bit of switch that leaves the lights on... messed up my day once too...

it doesnt seem like it takes long to suck the batterys down to the point were the bike wont start.. was programming my Bazzazz the other day and having (lets say an issue on my part) and 20 minues later DEAD!!!:whistle:

I bought my Busa used without a manual. I had no idea of the features on the bike. I learned the hard way! Had to get out the jumper box! d'oh!

turned it too far twice, but I always look at the lights and have been lucky enough to catch it. best plan is to not get in a hurry to pull the key :laugh:

I have an 08. One time I turned the motor off and took my key out and when I walked away I noticed my parking lights were on.

Today I came out of work and went to start the bike and my battery was dead. I got a jump and was good to go after a 30 mile ride home.

I suspect I left my parking lights on again. It is so easy to turn the motor off and pull the key out in that position.

Have any of done this and care to admit it? :whistle:

I did it in my garage and didn't notice the light. I had a battery tender on it, but it couldn't keep up with charging the battery and running the light. So, they still have this useless feature on 08s?

Yep me too but ONE time only! I had a AAA tow truck driver trying push start me across the parking lot, he finally ran out of wind and I said "why don't we just jump it?" :whistle:

And yes, it is normally what I consider a worthless feature if you run out gas or break down on the road at night nobody is going to see that little tail light anyway. Although it might help you find it again...:laugh:

Back