Turned on parking lights

wpg2rch

Donating Member
Registered
When I got to work this morning, like always I turned off the Busa and placed the key into the lock position. About 2 hours later I got a call from the parking office telling me my parking lights were left on. I went back down and turns out I accidentally turned the key one extra stop to the parking light position.
pillepalle.gif

My question is, if someone had not seen it and reported it, would the Busa start at the end of the day when it was time for me to go home (approx 9 hours later), or would the battery have been too drained for that?

Thanks,
G.

Most likely it would have started, but only if you do not have lots of extras added to the system. Not a good experiment to try for next time.
smile.gif

Did it to mine once and it drained the battery completely.  Recharged it and its been ok ever since.  Now I always shade the tail light to make sure its not on.  I hate the ignition switch on the Busa.  Its always been hard to get the key in.  Does anyone know why that position on the switch even exists?  Never heard of anyone using it (on purpose).

I got hit with the same thing; drained the battery dead. Fortunately it was in my garage so now I check the light everytime I get off the bike....

I left my key in the on position in my garage. Went inside for a second and got distracted for about 2 hours.
banghead.gif
Came back and bike was dead. Had to push start it and then drove it for an hour or so to recharge the battery. Everything is fine, starts every time now. Battery was new with bike 2 months ago.

I killed the battery like this once as well... really poorly engineered switch that allows you to do this... what a hassle..

I killed the battery like this once as well... really poorly engineered switch that allows you to do this... what a hassle..
I guess if you were leaving your bike on the side of the road and needed to use the hazard lights but not wanting to leave your key in...But why not just make the parking light option a few more clicks over and avoid this mishap? Poor engineering indeed.

I have turned it off and took my key out only to ask myself "Why is the light still on?" Doh!

I too have had it happen. Now it part of my routine to do a spot check to see if they on even if I know I turned off the bike properly.

Ignition is only real place you can put it. Or those smart ars peeps be walking by your bike flipping the switch to intentional cause you grief. Cars the doors can be locked.

I definitely think I will make it part of my routine to check the lights before walking away. At work I can always find someone to help me out, but for this to happen in the middle of no where can be bad.
G.

That happened to me too, just got lucky and noticed it about 45 minutes later when I came back out to put the cover on it. Now I check.

if it's an old battery, that'd likely be the death of it.
you can recharge it, but it wont be dependable

Back