Day After Thanksgiving Ride with Scar, Aussiekeeper and Carlsbadbusa (Picture Heavy)

NickSully

Donating Member
Registered
Well this year for Thanksgiving my mom, step-dad and I decided to go to the San Diego area on the motorcycles. My parents live in Tucson and I live in Las Vegas and we both headed out on Thursday to meet up with my step-dad's brother-in-law Dave who was nice enough to host Thanksgiving for us. The drive out there was pretty uneventful since it was just all highway but the food was delicious and worth the highway drive.

I posted in a different thread asking about what to expect in San Diego since none of us have ever been there before and Scar was gracious enough to setup a ride on Friday to show us around and make sure we have a good time while there. Scar even offered to pick us up at our hotel and lead us to the meet up point going way beyond what any of us expected.

So the group consisted of 7 people. Scar, Aussiekeeper, Carlsbadbusa, Dave, Keith, Lisa, and myself. Keith and Lisa were on their Harleys and Dave was on his Goldwing everyone else was on their Busas:

Suitingupafterbreakfest.jpg

After breakfast Scar leads the way to gas up and wait for any stragglers that may show up. Here's a pick of them admiring the Busas:

admiringthebusasaftergasingup.jpg

We then go on a great ride through some great twisties and end up at an old store:

outsideoldstore.jpg

cyclesoutsideofstore.jpg

Scar was even nice enough to help Keith fix his Harley on the side of the road:

scarhelpingkeithfixbike.jpg

Okay, nothing was wrong with Keith's bike but when Scar handed Keith the screwdriver he found it was very :laugh:.

We then head to Sunrise highway where Scar informed us that it would be getting colder and advised us to put on our warmer clothes. Here is Carlsbadbusa, Scar, Aussiekeeper, Lisa, Dave, and Keith getting ready:

Suitingupbeforesunrise.jpg

Some more random photos before the start of Sunrise Highway:

guyshangingout.jpg

Carlsbadbusa, Scar, Aussiekeeper, myself, Keith, and Dave:

gettingreadyforsunrise.jpg

My mom and step-dad:

momandkeith.jpg

Re: Day After Thanksgiving Ride with Scar, Aussiekeeper and Carlsbadbusa (Picture Hea

Scar then leads us up an amazing highway where we get to see one of the best views ever:

viewfromsunrise.jpg

Here are some of the motorcycles from where we parked along the top of Sunrise:

motorcycles.jpg

Here was our view of Scar and Carlsbadbusa during the riding portion of our trip: :laugh:

fastestbusas.jpg

The view was so beautiful that it almost made him cry:

Keithafraid.jpg

Notice his brother-in-law laughing at him. :laugh: I love taking random photos like this because you never know what your going to catch. I'm not sure what Keith was actually doing but I promise he wasn't crying.

While on Sunrise a fight almost broke out between the Busa crowd and Bagger crowd:

busavsbaggershowdown.jpg

Okay, there was no fighting and everyone got along great and I'm not sure why Scar looks like he's going to throw down with Dave in that picture. :laugh:

Scar taking a picture of us:

scartakingsomepics.jpg

Re: Day After Thanksgiving Ride with Scar, Aussiekeeper and Carlsbadbusa (Picture Hea

Scar then leads us to a little town called Julian where we get the best pie ever!

scarjulianpie.jpg

After the pie we just hung out for a while:

sittingaroundafterpie.jpg

We then head through some very tight twisties that were amazing. We end up at a gas station for the last photo shoot of the day:

busas.jpg

Aussiekeeper, Scar, Carlsbadbusa, and myself:

guysonbusas.jpg

So in summery this was the best ride that me and my family have ever been on. The roads were great and the company was even better. It was a pleasure to meet Scar, Aussiekeeper, and Carlsbadbusa. We appreciate you guys letting the baggers ride with you and showing us your local roads. :bowdown:

I also have to say thank you to PADEROLIS for letting me bower your saddle bags. Without those I don't think my trip would have been possible. :thumbsup:

nice pics thanks for sharing, you guys dont like grey do ya???:thumbsup:

Looks like a great ride!! Thanks for sharing pics :thumbsup:

Great pics!
Thanks! :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Awesome pics! Glad y'all had a great time:beerchug:

Great pics, thanks

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Silver is the fastest!!!! Thanks for sharing Nick, hope to see ya soon! It was a great ride! Props to scar for hooning up a great ride:laugh:

great pics thanks:thumbsup: and gray is the slowest color.:laugh:

Great pix and story-line, Nick.

You and your entire family are great people. It was a pleasure to have you here and I'm glad to know that you enjoyed yourselves.

As mentioned previously, you're all welcome here any time at all.

:beerchug:

Beautiful scenery and the narration/captions to the pics were great.

I have some pix I'll add to the thread in a couple of hours, Nick.

Great shots.. looks like you had some good weather! Fun times!

:thumbsup: great pics with commentary

Okay; my turn for the pix...

Since Nick has already sufficiently introduced everyone, here are the pix I shot...

The last one is the one I was 'setting up' in Nick's picture earlier. I don't know why it didn't turn out very well, but it's fun, regardless.

:beerchug:

Scar

NickSully.jpg

Carlos' and Wasabi.jpg

Keith & Lisa.jpg

Lisa.jpg

Ron's Pie.jpg

Scar's Pie.jpg

The Crew on Sunrise (27NOV09).jpg

Back