Dang scooters piss me off

Here in VA, at least in my city scooters are SUPPOSED to follow the same laws as any other motor vehicle...but the scooter riders just do all kinds of stupid crap and the cops do nothing. If I tried any of it on a bike I would be under the jail....

I live in the sticks and they ride the main roads, no helmet, no nothing...just holding up traffic and taking their lives in to their hands...

There should be a law against 'em...

Guess I am going to be the minority here and say that they are a good thing. I started out on a Honda Ruckus--honestly, I didn't think that I would enjoy riding at all, but after just one ride, I was hooked. Sure it isn't fast, but it is loaded with fun! I still have it, and whenever I am going downtown (off base), I take it. It is THE perferred form of transport over here. Having said that, when I bought while stationed in Boston, I registered it, and took the MSF class, as well as had a MA motorsysle endorsement and insurance. To my knowledge, all of that was required in MA? Anyways, it was slow enough that I avoided all major roads, unless they were 40 mph or below--mine was modified to make it topp out at around 50 mph.

As for the knuckle heads that do stupid stuff on the roads, sidewalks, etc, they should be hammered for their actions. The scooter itself should not be outlawed. Rather, they should be encouraged for those not ready to ride a larger displacement bike yet (read; Squids).

Guess I am the minority though...

We got taken the otherday by some in a 30 but when they got out there were proper buzzed, man did they wobble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are not from legit cycle dealers like you would get a Ruckus or name brand anything. Those have to have tags and inspection. These things are at every junk shop and crappy used car craphole. They sell for less than a grand and just scrape by for whatever reason. kinda like the pocket bikes but the uber generic korean ones. they are throw aways as far as im concerned.

In most states there are laws on scooters, but as with most laws few know and even fewer obey them.
:rulez: are made to be broken. :laugh:

Scooters are annoying everywhere

Unbelievable.... He gets about 3 inches of air....

You shouldnt be allowed to do that to scooters :rulez:

Okay, gotta speak up for the scooter rides...this kinda sounds like the cagers who whine about all motorcycles. A responsible rider will follow the same rules as any other motorcycle. If your state doesn't require that scooters follow the same rules, it isn't the scooter rider's fault - granted they don't have to be azzhats, but still...

I wear full gear when I ride my Vespa and make sure that I keep up with traffic...if I can't, I take another route. I ride with the same mind-set that I have when I ride the R6. And my Vespa gets 60 mpg and my car gets 23 mpg...so why wouldn't I ride it when I can.

And my Vespa has been through the Dragon, Hellbender and the Cherohala....

Last edited:
Come on out to El Mirage Dry Lake in SoCal on Sunday November 21st and watch the First Annual Motor Scooter World Land Speed Trials. I am proud to support their efforts and contribute my time as the Chief Technical Inspector. :thumbsup:

Motor-Scooter International Land-Speed Federation

MotorScooterLandSpeedFederation.jpg

I am not talking about legit DOT legal scooters. I am talking about teenage kids who likely don't even have a damn drivers license putting on a hockey helmet and doing whatever the $&*% they please on the street or sidewalk. I am aggravated because I pay thousands of dollars a year to legally operate my truck, van and bike and I hafta share the road with with some kid That has not done a damn thing right. You wanna ride a scooter in flip flops and shorts have at it but get a plate and insurance like everybody else.

I'm not trashing scooters. I am pissed because the city police could give two craps until a car runs one of these morons over.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

In my area anything 50cc's and under is considered a bicycle and has to abide by the same rules...none basically. No helmet, no license needed, no license plate, no insurance, no age limits, ride on side walks, wrong way on the road, wherever they want basically. Its pretty much a free for all :laugh: Lucky sob's.

I am not talking about legit DOT legal scooters. I am talking about teenage kids who likely don't even have a damn drivers license putting on a hockey helmet and doing whatever the $&*% they please on the street or sidewalk. I am aggravated because I pay thousands of dollars a year to legally operate my truck, van and bike and I hafta share the road with with some kid That has not done a damn thing right. You wanna ride a scooter in flip flops and shorts have at it but get a plate and insurance like everybody else.

I'm not trashing scooters. I am pissed because the city police could give two craps until a car runs one of these morons over.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Gotcha Grumpy--those guys screw it up for the rest who do like I do. FWIW, I was stationed at Hanscom AFB (Bedford, MA) a couple of years ago. Not too many scooters of any kind around that area! Thanks for the clarification!

Australian scooters have to be registered and are subject to the same regulations as any other motor vehicle.

I hate them, though. But not as much as I hate those fag cyclists, with their stupid lycra clothing. Those homos are always riding in packs which take up a whole lane, which is illegal but they never get fined for it.
I do so enjoy coming up behind them with my clutch in and then blasting my Stebel airhorn right into their ears.

So that's why Blanca ran into the back of that Yukon, eh? :poke:

So now riding a pedal bike and wearing clothing specific to bicycling makes someone a fag?! Just because they aren't moving really fast does not mean they have no right to the road! I myself ride a couple of pedal bikes frequently to work which is about 12.5 miles one way, and it is amazing how many people seem to have no regard for a bicyclist. I try to be very courteous to vehicles and use as little of the road as safely possible and some people will still pass within inches of me in the lane when there is no one in the left lane!! Sometimes a car/truck will pass really close and immediately after change into the left lane, why did'nt you do that before you passed me?!!!

I understand your frustration with a group taking up an entire lane, but they probally ride in a staggered formation like motorcyclist groups do! I know that there are cyclists that have no regard for motor vehicles and can leave a negative impression in someone's mind (sound familar?) Sometimes there is only one lane travelling in a given direction and passing closely is necessary, but too many times it is to be spiteful! And trust me bicycling shorts are neccesary if you are riding a considerable distance, although I do wear regular shorts over mine.:laugh:

I myself ride a couple of pedal bikes frequently to work which is about 12.5 miles one way, and it is amazing how many people seem to have no regard for a bicyclist.
I understand your frustration with a group taking up an entire lane, but they probally ride in a staggered formation like motorcyclist groups do!

1) I am one of those people who have no regard for cyclists. The road is for motorvehicles, not posers who have delusions of being Lance Armstrong.

2) No, they don't ride in a staggered formation; they ride in packs of 20-30, five abreast, which is illegal here.

3) They're still fags.:poke:

Ya gotta watch this one then.....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Attachments

• Philemon_and_his_new_scooter.wmv
    1.8 MB · Views: 103
1) I am one of those people who have no regard for cyclists. The road is for motorvehicles, not posers who have delusions of being Lance Armstrong.

2) No, they don't ride in a staggered formation; they ride in packs of 20-30, five abreast, which is illegal here.

3) They're still fags.:poke:

1) Hmmm; I wonder hows many people feel the same about a motorcyclist! Posers?! That's hilarious! How about an outdoor activity that is beneficial physically and mentally to most (including myself). No delusions of being Lance here!:poke: Here in the states bicyclists have a legal right to the road just like motor vehicles and no we don't block traffic to use it!

2) I can see how that kind of formation can cause a problem with the flow of fast moving traffic, I have honestly never seen a group ride like that before where I live.

3) Whatever makes you feel like a big person... RAINBOW7:whistle:

Back