Dang scooters piss me off

DNGrumpy

Sometimes Dopey fits too
Donating Member
Registered
These stupid things are everywhere again around here. Lets see if this makes any sense.

No registration or inspection required.

No M/C license needed.

No insurance needed.

They don't have headlights on all the time, no running lights.

No windshield or screen and never sew glasses or goggles.

Most riders look between 12 and 20.

Red lights they drive over the sidewalk, wrong side of the road or pretty much wherever the @#$& they want.

And I guarantee if ya hit one with your car ya get sued for a gizillion dollars and lose...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

61abee96-a5e2-a155.jpg

He beeped and yelled for me.to get out of his damn way at the light before this one.

Your a more patient man than me Dave, I would have found out just how much it cost to hit one already:whistle:

Dang...and I thought this was going to be another "got outrun by a scooter" type thread...LOL
Yeah, I think that if it has a motor and is on the street, it should be subject to the same laws & requirements as a full sized motorcycle.

Yeah, I think that if it has a motor and is on the street, it should be subject to the same laws & requirements as a full sized motorcycle.

It is in OKLAHOMA :rulez: . During our Motocross each year the Cops are stopping out of state scooters all the time. Most, as was pointed out, have no lic plate or any required public street lighting systems.

YEA OKLHAOMA :cheerleader:

DNGRUMPY we got the same problem here too! It kills me when they are topped out in a 45mph zone or 55 mph... and holding up traffic doing 40mph!:soapbox:

These stupid things are everywhere again around here. Lets see if this makes any sense.

No M/C license needed.

No insurance needed.

Red lights they drive over the sidewalk, wrong side of the road or pretty much wherever the @#$& they want.

And I guarantee if ya hit one with your car ya get sued for a gizillion dollars and lose...

Sounds like a typical cage jockey rant, at least his loud pipe didn't piss you off. You weren't texting or taking pictures while driving were you?

No M/C license needed.

No insurance needed.

Oh if you think that is bad here in Florida the Motorcycle Classes to get your endorsement are being taught on automatic skooters, and then they wonder why no one knows how to ride a bike period! GEEZ:stirpot:

They shouldn't be allowed on the road without tags and insurance or on the damn sidewalk at all. They blatantly break traffic laws. If I park my Busa in front of my store on the sidewalk Its a $100 fine.

61abee96-a5e2-a155.jpg

He beeped and yelled for me.to get out of his damn way at the light before this one.

I wonder how fast were u going if he beep at u? :laugh:

DNGRUMPY we got the same problem here too! It kills me when they are topped out in a 45mph zone or 55 mph... and holding up traffic doing 40mph!:soapbox:

Now this is when you should Beep and yelled "get out of my damn way" :whistle:

Australian scooters have to be registered and are subject to the same regulations as any other motor vehicle.

I hate them, though. But not as much as I hate those fag cyclists, with their stupid lycra clothing. Those homos are always riding in packs which take up a whole lane, which is illegal but they never get fined for it.
I do so enjoy coming up behind them with my clutch in and then blasting my Stebel airhorn right into their ears.

Oh if you think that is bad here in Florida the Motorcycle Classes to get your endorsement are being taught on automatic skooters, and then they wonder why no one knows how to ride a bike period!
So that's why Blanca ran into the back of that Yukon, eh? :poke:

Last edited:
In Jersey you've got to have a motorcycle license for anything from 50cc on up. Must be insured, tagged, and pass inspection. They've got to follow the same laws as motorcycles. You don't see them on any of the major highways. I think they're smart enough to avoid being ground into the pavement. If you can't hit 80mph on a Jersey highway you're gonna be in big trouble.

around here the cops really don't pay any mind to them. i love when these idiots ride with a full face pushed up to there hair line. i'm just waiting for the day they biff from paying attention to everything but the road. :whistle:

i've noticed a huge rise in them this summer. there's a group that rolls around town doing burnouts right infront of cops....of course cops dont bother them..

What I hate is that they can't get up to any speed near the posted limits, you come up on 'em and everyone's hitting their brakes to avoid killing 'em...reminds me of riding Cherahala Skyway when the cyclists were all over the roads :banghead:

They are subject to the same legislation as bikes here but apart from being registered it seems a lot of them are ridden by riders with no insurance or form of license... we call them scooter rats... trackie bottoms, t-shirt, white trainers, lid and no gloves... ragging the scooter for all it's worth and bombing about with no heed or regard to the other road users and pedestrians... grrrrr...

Here in VA, at least in my city scooters are SUPPOSED to follow the same laws as any other motor vehicle...but the scooter riders just do all kinds of stupid crap and the cops do nothing. If I tried any of it on a bike I would be under the jail....

Back