Daimler/Chrysler

havoc

Registered
ill stick with FORD
tounge.gif

OK... This is getting close to the most useless fugging thread of the Month Award...

How about some details Bro, Maybe provide some actual info! Maybe a Linky poo!
cool.gif

sick em Rev, I thought the same thing. give some details of why and what the problem is.
mad.gif

Linky Poo....

Better yet...
(Washington-AP) Dec. 11, 2004 - Thousands who own Dodge Durangos and Dodge Dakota pickups will have to go back to dealer in the near future.

Daimler Chrysler is bowing to government pressure and ordering a massive recall. It involves 600,000 Dodge Durango SUV's and Dakota pickup trucks from model years 2000 through 2003. The vehicles have a defect that can cause their wheels to fall off.

The firm is also recalling nearly 72,000 2004 Durangos. The government says a cable problem could cause an engine fire.

Chrysler Group spokesman Max Gates has said the company acknowledges a ball joint problem with those vehicles, but had denied a recall was needed.

MSNBC Link

<!--EDIT|04busaVA
Reason for Edit: "more info"|1103151519 -->

smile.gif
laugh.gif
Holy CRAP A defect that Causes WHEELS TO FALL OFF??? That's too damn funny...

Uh, yeah... Ford is looking pretty good...

BusainSD Thanks Man,
biggrin.gif

Funny but spooky recall, Wheels fuggin falling off... Sounds like the Pinto of old...
wow.gif

Jesus H. Christ... its bad enough we have to put up with the idiot trolls...
The fools with their non worthy bikes (ie Hondas, Kawis, Yammies, BMWs, Hardlys etc..)

Now we have to listen the the retards with cages? ? ? Oversized POS ones at that!!!

pirate.gif
Raider out.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1167"|1103320616 -->

did I mention I sell Chevy's to any of you "disappearing wheel Dodge" crowd?

Fords got a big recall right now too.. can't think of what it is..

Chevy does also though.. those little cables that go between the bed, and the tailgate.. they are replacing most of those because they were bad to rust...

not quite as dramatic as a lost wheel but hey.. haha. which problem would you rather have?

Wheel fall off, or WFO throttle?

Which do you choose?

Dodge, and Ford . . . suck. It's that simple.

Ford expands recall of small SUVs to 600,000
Automaker cites accelerator problems with Escapes, Mazda Tributes
Updated: 12:23 p.m. ET Dec. 13, 2004DETROIT - Ford Motor Company has expanded its recall of Escape and Mazda Tribute SUVs to nearly 600,000 vehicles, according to the automaker and the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

advertisement

The small sport utility vehicles involved in the recall, first announced on Friday, include 474,000 Escapes and 121,000 Mazda Tributes from the 2002-2004 model years. Ford owns one-third of Mazda Motor Corp.

Ford originally said it was recalling 474,000 vehicles because an accelerator cable may prevent their engines from returning to idle, increasing stopping distances and potentially resulting in a crash.

A majority of the vehicles are in the United States, according to NHTSA’s Web site on Monday.

Detroit’s automakers have claimed dramatic quality improvements in recent years, but they continue to be hit by a relatively high number of vehicle recalls.

Copyright 2004 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters.

[/QUOTE]

Screw all you hosers! I love my 99' Durango and have had to replace the upper ball joints already, although my wheel did not fall off. I caught it during regular maintenance. It doesn't state 99' model year but you can bet I will be visiting them with my repair bill!
smile.gif

justintime2 Posted on Dec. 16 2004,07:45
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Screw all you hosers! I love my 99' Durango and have had to replace the upper ball joints already, although my wheel did not fall off. I caught it during regular maintenance. It doesn't state 99' model year but you can bet I will be visiting them with my repair bill! [/QUOTE]

You tell em justintime2. I love my 04' Ram HEMI. Oh yeah before I bought the Ram I used to be a Ford man. Then Rusty left Ford for Dodge and I had to follow.

Ah, But the recall doesn't involve the RAM series of trucks...

Any word on the K-Car? I saw one of those the other day on the road.....looked like it missed a recall or two..
biggrin.gif

hey hey hey hey , i was going to post the link but i had to leave the house, thanks for bailing me out 04busava:;):

The upper ball joints I replaced mine with now have zerk fittings so you can grease them, the factory ones did not. The lower factory joints have zerks though. Some mathmetician somewhere tryin to save a couple of bucks when they built it and just cost the company 40 million $.
wow.gif

Back