Chrysler Recall!

aye... so the brake pedal falls off its pivot... that would be way cool.... hey mom, what do I do with this now? :rofl:

affected rides:

2010 model-year Chrysler Sebring, Dodge Avenger and Nitro, and Jeep Liberty, Commander and Grand Cherokee SUVs, as well as 2009-2010 model year Dodge Ram trucks.

Gas hangs on Toyota, not sure but I think I'd rather be run over by no brakes than hung throttle....:whistle: Prolly be "teen texter" :banghead:

yeah.....if you are completely brain dead, the floor mat may slip forward and cause the gas pedal to get stuck. silly me i just move the floormat...

look for the union label......?

is it a wonder why people buy toyota?

Yeah, we all love having 3.8 million toyota cars recalled for safety problem caused by a car's floor mat jamming the accelerator. And a recall of 95,700 Toyota and Scion vehicles sold in the U.S to fix a brake problem that could lead to lengthened vehicle stopping distances. And a recall, which covers 4.26 million cars and trucks, that is aimed at reducing the vehicles' risk of sudden accelerations, which have led to 19 deaths since the 2002 model year

I would suggest reading up on a topic before spewing your anti-union thoughts on a board. It could make you look silly.

look for the union label......?

is it a wonder why people buy toyota?

Toyota Recall: Fails to Address Cause of Many Sudden Acceleration Cases, Expert Says - ABC News

Car is a car..

Buy what you want import or domestic just don't think you will be any different situation, the automakers that take care of their customers when a problem does arise or the customers that get a decent an reliable car are the ones that they get to come back for another sale when the time comes. GM is in the toilet right now not because the car they make suck but because of mismanagement imo, I wouldn't own anything else an it's not because it's made in America it's because I would put the quality of their vehicles against anyone's. We all have our favorites but being a towman I can find the chronic problem in each an every model out there :laugh:

Brake failure can happen to someone at any time driving any year vehicle keep that in mind, lets not forget our txting drivers either. How many drivers out there you think know what to do when there is a break failure on the vehicle you are driving ??? Not many I bet So keep your eyes on your review mirror an your bike pointed or 1/2 way in the escape route. Expect it every time you come to stop an you got a better chance of dodging the one with your name on it.

They both fail. Toyota can't make a floor mat to work with a gas pedal or a gas pedal to work with a floor mat. And the other either didn't install or installed an incorectly engineered clip.

Don't think I'd be bragging about either.
Posted via Mobile Device

The auto unions got what they wanted.. .ownership of the car makers basically... now what are the 4 guys on the assy line that line up the hood hinge (one working, 3 watching) going to do when the new owners (union bosses) decide they can not maintain the $75 per hour labor when the rest of the world can do it for $50 or less?

those mean owners....

The auto unions got what they wanted.. .ownership of the car makers basically... now what are the 4 guys on the assy line that line up the hood hinge (one working, 3 watching) going to do when the new owners (union bosses) decide they can not maintain the $75 per hour labor when the rest of the world can do it for $50 or less?

those mean owners....

Hah, I would suggest going into an assy line plant to see what they actually do. They are some of the hardest workers in the business and I would not what that job at all!

Those mean owners must really hate those golden parachutes they get after running a company into the ground.

and here's whats funny I own a 2007 Dodge ram and my company car is a 2008 Jeep liberty talk about dodging the bullet I "dodged" two :laugh:

How many drivers out there you think know what to do when there is a break failure on the vehicle you are driving ??? Not many I bet So keep your eyes on your review mirror an your bike pointed or 1/2 way in the escape route. Expect it every time you come to stop an you got a better chance of dodging the one with your name on it.

+1 to that. And I find it very interesting how many people out there think that the "emergency" brake (or parking brake, as some would call it) is only for parking on a hill. . . :banghead: Granted, when you're only using the 2 rear brake assemblies to stop, it's not very efficient. But it's a lot better than nothing!

Back