busted

You can call all the BS you want.
The Fedaral Government of the United States of America MANDATES that every paying member of any Union be represented equally.

Is that so hard to believe?
That the government wants everyone that pays the same dues, be treated equally?
It's really NOT a difficult concept.

I am in total agreement of the rest of your statement, but don't tell me that I am BS because of the LAW.

As an ex Steward for many years with IBEW Local 1002, I can say that this is correct. Also employees at a work location must also be represented the same as members of the local for the same classifications. I will say this, on performance issues with bargaining unit employees, the Unions need to grow some balls. Ours did for the most part, we had a long way to go. The Union should be just as involved as the company in all matters of employee relations. Not saying the Union should not fight for an employee with the situation warrants, however, the Union can also discipline an employee. Read your by-laws and charter. I didnt like the way our Union was being led, and for the most part, what happens in a Union is because of the Business Agent and Executive Board. Remember, a Union is only as strong as its weakest member. I no longer work in a bargaining unit position, and I am thankful I dont have to deal with the political BS anymore.

Last edited:
it was'nt me! the photo's are false, ok it was but I have a problem and need help, will you help me, it's an addiction! I am sick... thats how its going to go and they will keep there jobs if they go for treatment... Its the American way they are sick... I say there idiot's

This is dead on!
If you ask for help, they HAVE to give you help!
They WILL keep their jobs if they ask for help, get help, and stay clean.
And, YES,
they ARE idiots.......:rofl:

As an ex Steward for many years with IBEW Local 1002, I can say that this is correct. Also employees at a work location must also be represented the same as members of the local for the same classifications. I will say this, on performance issues with bargaining unit employees, the Unions need to grow some balls. Ours did for the most part, we had a long way to go. The Union should be just as involved as the company in all matters of employee relations. Not saying the Union should not fight for an employee with the situation warrants, however, the Union can also discipline an employee. Read your by-laws and charter. I didnt like the way our Union was being led, and for the most part, what happens in a Union is because of the Business Agent and Executive Board. Remember, a Union is only as strong as its weakest member. I no longer work in a bargaining unit position, and I am thankful I dont have to deal with the political BS anymore.

Thank you for backing what I said.
People that don't know what they are talking about, shouldn't open their mouth.
I was coming back here to include that even employees that are NON members are protected by the bargaining unit.
The Federal Government also mandates that the Union also protect those employees as well.
You already covered that tho.
I am in no way taking up for these guys, and am in no way saying that unions are the only way to do business, but they are here for a reason.

Stuff like this happens more then we like it to. Also plenty of people see it happening and don't bother to do anything about it. Chances are they were smoking up before the work day started. If prepared,it's easy to pass a urine test for some THC.

hows your employment down there? nearly 30% unemployed here. i had to take a job with coleman in maint. to pay the bills. it may be a year or more before i get off the books.

"I'll bet on the American worker everyday of the week" :whistle:
Yeah, I did this crap in HS when I didn't have a care nor the responsibility of a job. I won't even go into the personal safety of their co-workers issue. Grow up!
I would like my tax money back please. These tools will be forgiven and mildly punished then reinstated. Good ole Union representation, I'm sure they'll find some slimy loop hole to save face.
Not a big fan of organized labor unions. Growing up in a "union house" in NY and actually being a member for a time shed quite a bit of light on the inner workings. Made my job as a Sous Chef a lot easier to deal w/ dead beats and slackers who thought they could hide and use the system to their advantage.

Then I expect to see the Union side with the Employer and agree do discipline the employees with TERMINATION.

lets do lunch:beerchug: seems to me they shouldnt be allowed to leave the property for break...:moon:

Then I expect to see the Union side with the Employer and agree do discipline the employees with TERMINATION.

Odds are for a first offence they will go thru a term of rehab, (probably 6-8 weeks)have to piss weekly, plus randoms, and be on that program for a year or 2, and never miss a day of pay. Piss dirty again, and your fired. No questions asked. They make their effort to help an employee that truely needs help. If the employee doesn't take the help, that's their choice.

I'm just guessing on this. I don't know what their local contract says.

FWIW,
I agree with zero tolorence too.

They have been terminated.

Chrysler Fires 13 Workers Caught Drinking, Smoking Pot on Company Time

As for defending everyone equally, I think that goes without saying. But not everyone was caught drinking and smoking....so equal protection doesn't do much for this situation. Equal protection requires that we have equal situations, which we don't in this case. Not to say the union will turn away from them, but their counsel should be a form of "yeah, you're pretty stupid for having done this, sorry we can't help you more."

They should have had the cops do a raid instead of a news anchor would have made a better news story. Funnier too

Back