D@MN! "when it rains?..it pours!"

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
Last night i'm driving home from work (hadta take the truck...it's been off/on rain all week)..and i call my oldest daughter to see if i hafta pick up anything or anyone on my way home from work and she tells me...

"No but...Dad...i tried to mow the lawn but the lawn mower broke."

when asked she said the handle was loose and the engine wouldn't stay running...(it's a 10 year old honda)...i said..

"No problem honey....your dads a mechanic and a machinist...i'll just fix'er up this weekend."

That was last night...but tonight when i called her?...she informed me that the TV wasn't working....i was hoping it was the result of a late cable bill payment but...no dice....our 5-6 year old 36" RCA Tube TV in our living room just shid the bed...it's gonna be a looonnng weekend...3 kids and no tube...got the cash to fix the mower....guess i'll just hide in the garage all weekend.
laugh.gif

Dang it!
sad.gif

or?....ride...if the weather holds up.

anybody near me got a gigantic old beast of a tube tv they're willing to part with?..."cheap"?
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

(Devil Dog @ Jan. 05 2007,15:35) Bill...if I lived closer....I'd give you a TV.....got like 5 here.

Best Wishes

DD
hmmmm. I will take a 32 inch wide screen LCD please..

That would be to replace the one my 13 year old son broke 5 monhts ago..

TV was brand new. cost $900.00,

13 year old son is on the phone with his girl friend, they get into an argument, he gets mad and throws something. unfortuenatly it hit the LCD screen and cracked it..

Out a $900.00 nice, 32 inch, wide screen, LCD, HDTV !!!

So yeah Vinny.. I will take any TV's laying around like that
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

p.s... I know something you dont know!! I know something you dont know!!!!

(Devil Dog @ Jan. 05 2007,12:35) Bill...if I lived closer....I'd give you a TV.....got like 5 here.

Best Wishes

DD
Thanks for the kind thoughts DD...much appreciated...i gotta couple hundred i could part with safely but not enough to pi$$ away on anything worth while....gotta see how it goes but man does this blow...mower and tv....one night after another and right after a hard christmas holidays...feel like i'm eat'in a gigantic stress sandwhich..with extra heartburn...go'in into "wtf is next" syndrome.
sad.gif

Hey Bill, sorry about all the bad luck. 2006 wasnt so great for my family either, I hope for you and me that 2007 will be a better year finanically. Sux to be poor! I hope to see ya at the Busa Bash this spring.

Tim

(georgiabusa_05 @ Jan. 05 2007,13:01) Hey Bill, sorry about all the bad luck. 2006 wasnt so great for my family either, I hope for you and me that 2007 will be a better year finanically.  Sux to be poor!   I hope to see ya at the Busa Bash this spring.

Tim
yaeh bro...i hear ya....sometimes being a dad means learn'in how to live poor.
laugh.gif

(thrasherfox @ Jan. 05 2007,15:42)
(Devil Dog @ Jan. 05 2007,15:35) Bill...if I lived closer....I'd give you a TV.....got like 5 here.

Best Wishes

DD

13 year old son is on the phone with his girl friend, they get into an argument, he gets mad and throws something. unfortuenatly it hit the LCD screen and cracked it..

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

I got a TV for you Ron......

your pick......see you in 2 weeks?
wink.gif

(Devil Dog @ Jan. 05 2007,17:07)

Best Wishes

DD

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

wink.gif
2 weeks? you coming up here? cool dude!!

(thrasherfox @ Jan. 05 2007,17:27)
(Devil Dog @ Jan. 05 2007,17:07)

Best Wishes

DD

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

wink.gif
2 weeks? you coming up here? cool dude!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Jinks, it's the best time for the mower to take a dump on you, the grass should NOT be growing that bad.... I have an older TV in the spare bedroom, it like a 19", but it was free to me, the only problem is that I'm not at my house to be able to give it to you, since I'm on the road. If you are interested, I will try to talk my Dad into getting it out of the house and putting in the carport and you can pick it up.
beerchug.gif
If you need to borrow a mower, I have a 50" Dixie Chopper (World's fastest mower), you just need a truck (I have a trailer).

(Powers739 @ Jan. 05 2007,22:08) Jinks,  it's the best time for the mower to take a dump on you, the grass should NOT be growing that bad....  I have an older TV in the spare bedroom, it like a 19", but it was free to me, the only problem is that I'm not at my house to be able to give it to you, since I'm on the road.  If you are interested, I will try to talk my Dad into getting it out of the house and putting in the carport and you can pick it up.  
beerchug.gif
  If you need to borrow a mower, I have a 50" Dixie Chopper (World's fastest mower), you just need a truck (I have a trailer).
That's the .org spirit!!
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

One more mountain to climb...........just remember the valley is on the other side........

At times like that you don't have to look too far to see someone in mucher deeper shid than you are which helps to keep everthing in perspective.

(Powers739 @ Jan. 05 2007,17:08) Jinks,  it's the best time for the mower to take a dump on you, the grass should NOT be growing that bad....  I have an older TV in the spare bedroom, it like a 19", but it was free to me, the only problem is that I'm not at my house to be able to give it to you, since I'm on the road.  If you are interested, I will try to talk my Dad into getting it out of the house and putting in the carport and you can pick it up.  
beerchug.gif
Thanks Powers...and i appreciate the offers but plan on fix'in the mower this weekend and think i might have sumpt'in in the works for buying a decent set this weekend....but if it don't pan out?...i might take ya up on that 19"er...and in any event?...thank you so much for offering and L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

PS...we need to get together and ride sometime...you're right here in stuart fer gods sake!
laugh.gif

(Burger King @ Jan. 06 2007,00:45) One more mountain to climb...........just remember the valley is on the other side........

At times like that you don't have to look too far to see someone in mucher deeper shid than you are which helps to keep everthing in perspective.
That's a fact...true'r words were never spoken...but for the grace of God there go i.

I have a 27 inch that we don't use... Let me know.
E

(jessup @ Jan. 06 2007,02:47) I have a 27 inch that we don't use... Let me know.
E
Thanks Jessup but..."Just Outside Philly"...from south florida...is a long way to go for a 27"er..LOL!...and if it's a tube tv?...i could probably buy one for whad it cost ta ship it but...nevertheless?...thanks for the kind offer man.
biggrin.gif

Edit PS: I gotta an aunt and uncle near Camden, NJ but...they have a TV! LOL!

Jinks,

Unfortunately my contract has me up in Alpharetta, GA (Just North of Atlanta) and it looks like I will be here for at least a year. However, I will give you a heads up when I head back home with the bike (going for a ride today, heading to the mountains.... can't say that in FL unless you are going to the dump). Heck, you're like 10 miles away....
beerchug.gif

Back