CycleWerks Central Fl, they suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like the tech didnt want to work on it and was hoping if they screwed you around long enough you would go somewhere else, and judging by CW's last post, he got what he wanted. I work in a dealership, and if we told a customer we would work on his car, and suddenly cant fit it in, we would call ahead of time or try and compensate for it, not just tell them to bring it back like that. The customer is the customer, your doing work for HIM, he can take the bike anywhere, but he chose you and you said you could do it (@ CW ). Piss poor customer service hands down. You (justintym ) gave them the benefit of the doubt after the first time, but after the second you should have given up on the lazy shop right there. If they truely are the busiest shop in town i would think they have an appointment book/system and could set one up .. hmm ..

only thing harder then finding a good Bike Mechanic is finding a good Marine Mechanic,I learned to fix both myself and not have to

A.rely on someone else
B. pay and hope they did a good job
c.Worry about anybody FK'n my sh!t up!!
D.waiting for them to fit me in
E. waiting for my sh!t to be done
F.haveing to get a ride to and from
G....you get the idea!!

whatever happend to the shim kit and sign up sheet? that was sent around to members where you had a full set of shims and all you had to do was reorder what you used and ups it to the next guy on the list..... I know there was one around some time ago...does it still exist or was it abandoned?

Sorry If this sounds negative,but you're an idiot for allowing it to take 6weeks to even attempt to work on your bike. The shop you trying to get work from( Cyclewerks) was definitely appeared to be a busy shop to you. You had a great "quote" for a Valve check is why you were beating your head trying to get your bike in the door there. At a shop that doesn't specialize in your type of motorcycle.

You ride your bike everyday? Why the hell did you wait so long getting a check done? After the 1st "Call back next week" I would of been calling around other shops. Did you express to the person on the phone that you ride it everyday and need it done asap?

Cyclewerks might of failed somewhat in CS, but you failed too. Things I did notice was Cyclewerks 1st post here promptly after your post. In his post he did apologize right off the bat. That shows that he does pay some attention to his shops CS!

Just for the record coming from a person who repaired on cages for a living in a busy shop. Shops that often perform good work often get more headaches to deal with. Meaning they tend to end up with those repairs that take time to diagnose. All kinds of stuff occur in the shop that you can't foresee. Schedules get pushed back etc... Not defending the shop,just trying to point out "Murphy's Law" happens often.

Also would you wait 6weeks for a plumber/AC to come out to your house? But that's apples and oranges there. A plumber/AC would of came out to your house in middle of the night. Charging you out the ars for it too.

BTW how much was your job at the other shop?

I think you made some great points with your post. I am not sure that referring to another member as an "idiot" has any real benefit. Just my worthless .02

Sorry If this sounds negative,but you're an idiot for allowing it to take 6weeks to even attempt to work on your bike. The shop you trying to get work from( Cyclewerks) was definitely appeared to be a busy shop to you. You had a great "quote" for a Valve check is why you were beating your head trying to get your bike in the door there. At a shop that doesn't specialize in your type of motorcycle.

An idiot huh ???
First of all they're not all that busy, it's not like there is 10 people waiting to
drop their bikes off.
Secondly, no the shop is not a "speed" shop but there was no initail indication
that a valve adjustment check would be an issue, I got a "sure, I'll do it" and
a price. As far as a great quote, it was only my second, the stealership being
my first and having past dealings with Al, I trusted him to be able to do the work.
I'm not just going to open the yellow pages and let anyone work on my bike.

You ride your bike everyday? Why the hell did you wait so long getting a check done? After the 1st "Call back next week" I would of been calling around other shops. Did you express to the person on the phone that you ride it everyday and need it done asap?

Your missing the boat (and I'm an idiot)
I do ride everyday but a valve check is not a crisis situation, you just like
it done in a fairly timely manner. I'm extremely easy to get along with and
tried to work around his schedule, maybe that's my problem. If I'd been a dk
it'd just got done. And like I said, I'm not just going to open the yellow pages
and let anyone work on my bike.

Cyclewerks might of failed somewhat in CS, but you failed too. Things I did notice was Cyclewerks 1st post here promptly after your post. In his post he did apologize right off the bat. That shows that he does pay some attention to his shops CS!

Well let me tell you something else Sherlock, I posted on 3-25, Cyclewerks
opened an account and posted on 4-11...I guess that's prompt in yours and
Cyclewerks book as well as, when I took my bike in to get it worked and
removed the plastics myself as a courtisy and loaded them into my car...
I got nothing even resembing an apology for showing up when REQUESTED,
I got a hand wave of annoying dismissal and half a sentence, "can't do it,
come back another day" while I went back out to the lot to RE-INSTALL my
sidepanels. So much for "paying attention to his shops CS"...he didn't give
two craps about the customer service to me UNTIL (my guess) someone
informed Werks about this post...maybe someone from Tampa ???
Two weeks later we get the first post and a bunch of excuses and that's
Customer Sevice to you :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just for the record coming from a person who repaired on cages for a living in a busy shop. Shops that often perform good work often get more headaches to deal with. Meaning they tend to end up with those repairs that take time to diagnose. All kinds of stuff occur in the shop that you can't foresee. Schedules get pushed back etc... Not defending the shop,just trying to point out "Murphy's Law" happens often.
As I said, you don't get it. I understand all that and I am extremely easy to
work with. I waited two weeks to have Chris Jones do my bike, he has a
drag racing team and was in Valdasta week before last...I understand. Not a
big deal...just tell me when...but tell me when and when you do, stick to it.
Isn't every customer important? Why do I keep getting bumped?

Also would you wait 6weeks for a plumber/AC to come out to your house? But that's apples and oranges there. A plumber/AC would of came out to your house in middle of the night. Charging you out the ars for it too.

BTW how much was your job at the other shop?

I value my bike more than my water pipes or my A/C and since when does price
mean poor work or crapie customer service is O.K.

BTW-I got a valve adjustment, throttle body sync, and a dyno run with custom
PCIII map great service and learned a ton from Chris all for less than the valve quote from cyclewerks...SCHWIIINNGG :thumbsup:

It sounds like the tech didnt want to work on it and was hoping if they screwed you around long enough you would go somewhere else, and judging by CW's last post, he got what he wanted.

Bingo :beerchug:

Last edited:
Umm would you expect him to be here that same day? You yourself said he doesn't own a speed shop So what you expect the post to be same day. I bet as soon as he heard about your post being unsatisfied he posted up. Seen the word "Apologize" in his very first post.

So that shop wasn't that busy and you just let them tell you they were over and over? If you realized they really weren't that busy,why you let them tell you same story over and over...Fool me once shame on you fool me twice.....

Point I'm trying to make here is more this drags on the more something is likely to be said that can be maneuvered around. You originally said your peace. When he found out he did apologize. You proceeded to rip him a new hole. Others got involved(imagine that on a public forum). You said something in a later post that contradicts yourself. Cyclewerks still apologized even further.

Price didn't reflect poor work. Work never happened. Poor CS well that's a different story. Though he did come here showing concern which does give some props for CS.

Idiot might of seemed a bit harsh. That I am sorry. Hope I don't have to post it several times like Cyclewerks for it to sink in with you.

Same as Cyclewerks said. Glad you found someone to take care of you. That was an awful lot for less. Times are tough maybe discounts being put out there.

Now go out and Ride! Be happy that a bad situation ended up being a Bonus for you!

:rofl::rofl:
This just to funny...somehow this my fault.

I was going to answer and deleted it, it's just not worth it :banghead:

My only goal here was to vent a bit and give a heads up to my fellow busa
riders where not to waste time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back