cyclewerks of ocala

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclewerks08

Registered
I, as owner and mechanic of Cyclewerks of Ocala, would like the opportunity to clear the air regarding a recent post. We do not normally work on Hyabusas. This valve adjustment was being done as a favor to you since your son has been a good customer of ours. I apologize for the inconvenience but being the only mechanic at my shop qualified to do the valve adjustment on a Hyabusa I had some trouble getting to it because of the amount of motorcycles already in the shop for repairs. If I was truly an a-hole I would have just let anyone in the shop do the work but I wanted it to be done correctly so had to wait until I was personally available. There maybe some disfunction once in a while but the outstanding quality of my work is the reason that my shop is the busiest in town.

At least you apologized. Things happen, and it seems a little communication on your part would have gone a long way. Hope you two can have a chat and get it sorted out.

OH please, clearly there is some logic disfuntion here. I don't care if
there is only one mechanic, you schedule a job and stick to the schedule
The philosophy is not that hard.

So for a month and half I get..
"I'm busy this week, call back next week."
(Why the heck can't I just be SCHEDULED for next week BEFORE you get busy? :banghead:)
Then on a Tuesday I FINALY get, bring your bike in Wednesday.
Bringing the bike in Wednesday...I get a look of SURPRISE and annoyance
that I actually showed up and "bring it back in on Saturday" :rofl:

And this is a FAVOR ???

How would you like to have a leak in your house and have a plumber deal with
you in this way, or an air conditioner repairman...what the hell? ???

Clearly a close examination of business philosophy and a STRONG look
at CUSTOMER SERVICE is needed.

If you don't want to do...then just don't do it.

BTW guys...this is the place to go

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/107024-jones-performance-central-fl-awesome.html

why wait for 6 weeks to get something done, specially to a shop that don't deal with HAYABUSAS. it will be like gettin a tune up for a ferrari at jiffy lube IMHO. when I need something I get it done on the spot, period if there is a wait I normally get bump in head of the line,,, my shop owner is a busa fanatic and races 3 of them. on the other hand if is not posible, then i take my bussines elsewhere, no hard feelings. but that is just me

Being busy has absolutely nothing to do with quality of service. It seems apparent that your pricing is far below market norm, so it would be rather dubious of you to claim that this is an indicator of your professionalism and/or quality of work. You may be a stand up guy, but you should really address the issues brought up by your client if you wish to properly defend your actions.

Let's be fair here.

I, as owner and mechanic of Cyclewerks of Ocala, would like the opportunity to clear the air regarding a recent post. We do not normally work on Hyabusas. This valve adjustment was being done as a favor to you since your son has been a good customer of ours. I apologize for the inconvenience but being the only mechanic at my shop qualified to do the valve adjustment on a Hyabusa I had some trouble getting to it because of the amount of motorcycles already in the shop for repairs. If I was truly an a-hole I would have just let anyone in the shop do the work but I wanted it to be done correctly so had to wait until I was personally available. There maybe some disfunction once in a while but the outstanding quality of my work is the reason that my shop is the busiest in town.

:welcome: to the .ORG, hopefully, you can clear the air as this place can bring you tons of business or see to it that you get very little, it's your call.

There maybe some disfunction once in a while but the outstanding quality of my work is the reason that my shop is the busiest in town.

I like how "once in a while" is a 6 week ongoing drama...not to mention
my bringing him my bike and paying HIM for service is a favor to ME.

As I said...something ain't working right in the belfry :whistle:

OH please, clearly there is some logic disfuntion here. I don't care if
there is only one mechanic, you schedule a job and stick to the schedule
The philosophy is not that hard.

So for a month and half I get..
(Why the heck can't I just be SCHEDULED for next week BEFORE you get busy? :banghead:)
Then on a Tuesday I FINALY get, bring your bike in Wednesday.
Bringing the bike in Wednesday...I get a look of SURPRISE and annoyance
that I actually showed up and "bring it back in on Saturday" :rofl:

And this is a FAVOR ???

How would you like to have a leak in your house and have a plumber deal with
you in this way, or an air conditioner repairman...what the hell? ???

Clearly a close examination of business philosophy and a STRONG look
at CUSTOMER SERVICE is needed.

If you don't want to do...then just don't do it.

BTW guys...this is the place to go

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/107024-jones-performance-central-fl-awesome.html

wellll?...i gotta say...i'm in justyntyms's corner on this one...as author of a couple pictorially guided DIY Valve Check/Adjust how to's on this sight?...6 weeks of getting strung out by a shop is waaaaay outta line...i mean keeeeerist!...if your that dang busy thatcha gotta drag somebody out for 6 weeks on this?...here's an idea...hire a few more mech's...word is...there's plenty of unemployed folk out there...and hiring a qualified wrench should be a real "employers market" these days..a bargain...one that could make your shop more proficient and cause you to spend less time fighting bad biz battles on the net and more time to actually...well....

SERVICE YOUR FREAKING CUSTOMERS!

in a faarrrr more timely fashion.

jmho...l8r...bill.

If you can't accommodate the custom, atleast keep in touch and let them know what is going on. Be honest and up front. I sell parts myself and that is the best way to do things. People want to be treated with respect.

was not there so no idea what happened but good of you to post up...

I think we have heard both sides give their version. We'll lock it from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back