many of my Busa Family have occasion to darken their door (as they
deal in mostly "vintage" bikes) but the Mechanic "Al" has been reputed
to me as pretty good, HOWEVER...

Been trying to get him to do a valve adjustment job. He originally quoted me
about $240, seemed to know what he was talking about and wasn't even going
to charge for shims.

So I get my tax cash back and the escapade begins...I call him to schedule
and he is busy this week, can I call back next week to schedule...I'm thinking
can I just schedule now for next week but whatever.

Well next week comes and goes and I get a repeat of the first time, bike week
is coming up so...fine, I'll deal with it later as I'm going anyway.

After bikeweek, I get the same deal...to busy this week, call me back next week.
This has gone on for over a month. I get pissed off and hit the honda
stealership, who wants $600 for the valve rape...so I'll give this guy 1 more chance...

I called AL yesterday (tue.) who to my surprise says, "sure". Bring the bike
in Wednesday nite, we'll let it cool overnight and I'll do it Thursday :cheerleader:

So I line up someone to pick me up at his shop Wed. nite, I line up a ride to
work Thur. Morning and a ride back to his shop Thur. nite. I get off work, go
to CycleWerks...I decided that to help out and partially because I'm anal about
Selene, I remove the side plastics from the bike and load them in my car.
I go in to drop the bike off..."oh sorry can't do it...bring it back Sat."
WTF :banghead:....

Not even an appology, just blew in from the back to the front waved at the girl
taking my information and left for the back again...Blood went to super boil...
I've been screwing with this a-h0le for 6 WEEKS. Clearly there is some disfuntional
business philosophy or lack of, going on here.

Well anyway....on to option 2..or maybe 3...but here is their info.
Might be kinda funny if they got like 50 calls from busa owners wanting
a valve adjustment check

Cyclewerks Of Ocala
6430 S Pine Ave
Ocala, FL
(352) 620-2453

Last edited:
If you see the kind of person he is, why not just take your business elsewhere. After all that I wouldn't want him working on my bike anyway. Sound likes you're asking for trouble, you already know what he's about. If he screws up your bike you have nobody to blame but yourself.:poke:

Wish you were closer to Va. I'd check the valves for lunch at McDonalds.

Oh no, he's not getting any of my business, we're done
...my son bought a couple of
bikes off him, I'm sure that's come to an end as well.

Option 2 is I learn and do it myself

GM...if I were close and you'd be eating steak :laugh:
or at least a McRib :whistle:

Guess I need a shim kit...
best/cheapest/....links?

Last edited:
I, as owner and mechanic of Cyclewerks of Ocala, would like the opportunity to reply to the above post. We do not normally work on Hyabusas. This valve adjustment was being done as a favor to you since your son has been a good customer of ours. I apologize for the inconvenience but being the only mechanic at my shop qualified to do the valve adjustment on a Hyabusa I had some trouble getting to it because of the amount of motorcycles already in the shop for repairs. If I was truly an a-hole I would have just let anyone in the shop do the work but I wanted it to be done correctly so had to wait until I was personally available. There maybe some disfunction once in a while but the outstanding quality of my work is the reason that my shop is the busiest in town.

I, as owner and mechanic of Cyclewerks of Ocala, would like the opportunity to reply to the above post. We do not normally work on Hyabusas. This valve adjustment was being done as a favor to you since your son has been a good customer of ours. I apologize for the inconvenience but being the only mechanic at my shop qualified to do the valve adjustment on a Hyabusa I had some trouble getting to it because of the amount of motorcycles already in the shop for repairs. If I was truly an a-hole I would have just let anyone in the shop do the work but I wanted it to be done correctly so had to wait until I was personally available. There maybe some disfunction once in a while but the outstanding quality of my work is the reason that my shop is the busiest in town.

I may personally never go there, im in Texas after all. I must though give you a thumbs up for just coming here to explain the situation, and NOT wanting to trust someones busa to just anyone. :thumbsup:

I wish you the best in your business, and life. :please:

OH please, clearly there is some logic disfuntion here. I don't care if
there is only one mechanic, you schedule a job and stick to the schedule
The philosophy is not that hard.

So for a month and half I get..
"I'm busy this week, call back next week."
(Why the heck can't I just be SCHEDULED for next week BEFORE you get busy? :banghead:)
Then on a Tuesday I FINALY get, bring your bike in Wednesday.
Bringing the bike in Wednesday...I get a look of SURPRISE and annoyance
that I actually showed up and "bring it back in on Saturday" :rofl:

And this is a FAVOR ???

How would you like to have a leak in your house and have a plumber deal with
you in this way, or an air conditioner repairman...what the hell? ???

Clearly a close examination of business philosophy and a STRONG look
at CUSTOMER SERVICE is needed.

If you don't want to do...then just don't do it.

BTW guys...this is the place to go

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/107024-jones-performance-central-fl-awesome.html

must be a dam harley shop,worst bikes in the world and no respect for all the other great bikes out there. I would'nt park a harley in the barn next to my suzuki if you gave it to me!:moon:

To answer your question "How would I feel?" I would be glad that the plumber or air conditioner repairman didn't send someone out that doesn't know how to correctly take care my problem. I am very glad that your son is happy with the 2 motorcycles that he purchased here and I apologize for any inconvenience that this incident caused you. We have many customers that use their motorcycles as their main source of transportation and we do tend to move them to the front of the line. Because of this, the high volume of business that we do and the inability to find qualified technicians it is very difficult for us to schedule and keep appointments.

We have many customers that use their motorcycles as their main source of transportation and we do tend to move them to the front of the line.

Uh yeah...I'm one of 'em. You sure moved me to the head of the line.

Yet again your logic is screwy.

BTW-I involved two different people and set up 3 rides to be at the shop
on the date YOU specified (only to get an wave of annoyance and to come
back another day) and to and from work the following day.

Your acting like my only two choices in 6 weeks of waiting for a valve check on my
bike is either:
1-Get put off for 6 weeks and have no one do it.
2-Have a putz that you've hired and has no idea do it.

:rofl:

How about a 3rd option:
3-You keep the schedule as you stated and I worked around and perform
the work in a professional competent manner. THAT IS HOW YOU STAY IN BUSINESS.
Anything else or less is just BS.

And I would expect my plumber or air conditioner repairman to send a
competent technician in a timely manner. Nothing else is acceptable.

Last edited:
This has no where to go but downhill :whistle: I would be pissed as well and probably would have not been so nice about it. Stop making lame excuses and apologize.

This is the reason I do most all my own repairs. I really dont want someone else touching my bike. With a shop manual, some time, patience, tools and half a brain, you can do it all yourself.:beerchug:

And you wont need to purchase any KY

BTW, mee's thinking he should be "wrenching" right now instead of reading the posts in this thread! :whistle:

With due respect, and in a situation like this, Mr. Cycle(doesn't)Werks (isn't this spelled with an 'o' instead of an 'e'?) would've been able to save a little (of his) face by bringing recognition to the value of this client through some compensatory adjustment for the customer's (and other's) unreturned investment of time and resources. At this point, missing his nose (cut off just to spite his face) and the resulting symbolic boot scoot on the ole tooter, will (has already) bring a recognition no respectable business person would ever want. Just a teaspoonful of consideration would have helped deal with what already (as Mr. C(d)W stated) must be a lack of business resource. Sometimes a desperate pursuit of the almighty dollar, especially with out the right or proper amount of resources, will result in a dirge for the dead as we mourn the passing of what could have been the successful fulfillment of a dream.

Last edited:
Sorry If this sounds negative,but you're an idiot for allowing it to take 6weeks to even attempt to work on your bike. The shop you trying to get work from( Cyclewerks) was definitely appeared to be a busy shop to you. You had a great "quote" for a Valve check is why you were beating your head trying to get your bike in the door there. At a shop that doesn't specialize in your type of motorcycle.

You ride your bike everyday? Why the hell did you wait so long getting a check done? After the 1st "Call back next week" I would of been calling around other shops. Did you express to the person on the phone that you ride it everyday and need it done asap?

Cyclewerks might of failed somewhat in CS, but you failed too. Things I did notice was Cyclewerks 1st post here promptly after your post. In his post he did apologize right off the bat. That shows that he does pay some attention to his shops CS!

Just for the record coming from a person who repaired on cages for a living in a busy shop. Shops that often perform good work often get more headaches to deal with. Meaning they tend to end up with those repairs that take time to diagnose. All kinds of stuff occur in the shop that you can't foresee. Schedules get pushed back etc... Not defending the shop,just trying to point out "Murphy's Law" happens often.

Also would you wait 6weeks for a plumber/AC to come out to your house? But that's apples and oranges there. A plumber/AC would of came out to your house in middle of the night. Charging you out the ars for it too.

BTW how much was your job at the other shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back