Cyclegear matched the tire price.

lankeeyankee said:
How many laps and are we talking about same bikes here as the GENII STOCK OEM BRAKES AND Suspension
Only difference tires and rider?

:rofl: He knows he couldn't lap any decent rider in that race. The only way he can "prove" his point is a race prepped 1k vs a stock Busa. It's not a tire vs tire match. If it was you would only be able to use 1 hand and 1 foot.

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

:rofl: He knows he couldn't lap any decent rider in that race. The only way he can "prove" his point is a race prepped 1k vs a stock Busa. It's not a tire vs tire match. If it was you would only be able to use 1 hand and 1 foot.

Have you ever ridden with Tiller? I hope you're wearing tasty boots the day you do find him on a bike, because it will be a foot-in-mouth situation for sure.

Such animosity around here...

I would hope so!! Thats just like saying I will race you with my 9" over multistage lockup clutch busa against your stock busa on the dragstrip.

Uhhh. My GSXR has a slip-on exhaust, otherwise stock...

Flicka said:
Have you ever ridden with Tiller? I hope you're wearing tasty boots the day you do find him on a bike, because it will be a foot-in-mouth situation for sure.

Such animosity around here...

Nope! I will take the challenge in a tire vs tire 10 lap race on equal bikes. If he laps me I will be the first to shake his hand and tell him he is the better rider!
A race prepped 1k vs a stock Busa is a joke!! Wanna race your 14 against a pro street Busa for pink slips??

Bikes aside, you took a shot at his riding ability when you've never ridden with the guy or seen him ride in person.

Unless there's some top secret project going on, you won't find a race prepped anything in his garage. Given equal bikes, I'd bet on Tiller more often than not.

I'm just confused about why you seem to have it out for the gixxer guys. All the time with these little comments and such... :dunno:

Jay's bike isn't race-prepped. It's still street-legal. All he has is an aftermarket can, tires, brembo master and aftermarket pads. In any case, Jay is wickedly talented. I'd give 50/50 odds that, at least on the first weekend, one of us on a similarly equipped Busa could do it. I know I could have lapped Trey on his first weekend or he would have crashed trying to keep up - just because he'd never done it before. But, it would not be fair and the odds of someone getting too competitive and wadding up their bike and getting hurt is just too high.

Donn (and/or Bret, or any other rider), I'd really like to see you do a trackday; not to "teach you a lesson", but so that you could see what a trackday could do to help your riding skillz. It would give you insight on your street riding that would be invaluable and could help save your life.

Some of this belongs truly belongs in the smacktalk thread :laugh:

Flicka said:
Bikes aside, you took a shot at his riding ability, when you've never ridden with the guy or seen him ride in person.

Unless there's some top secret project going on, you won't find a race prepped anything in his garage. Given equal bikes, I'd bet on Tiller more often than not.

I'm just confused about why you seem to have it out for the gixxer guys. All the time with these little comments and such... :dunno:

Not them personally but the if your not riding this way, on this tire, wearing this gear or this type of helmet, with this type brake lines, pads and rotors your wasting your time attitude.
They run down Donn's choice of tires because they are not the best for the track. Any of the top tier tires are more than enough for the street. Not everyone's life revolves around track days and that doesn't male them any less than the ones that does.

I am absolutely certain that Tiller or Tuf are better technical riders than I am as I have never once been on a road course. Does that make them better people or better "bikers" than me because I enjoy different aspects of the riding passion??

skydivr said:
Jay's bike isn't race-prepped. It's still street-legal. All he has is an aftermarket can, tires, brembo master and aftermarket pads. In any case, Jay is wickedly talented. I'd give 50/50 odds that, at least on the first weekend, one of us on a similarly equipped Busa could do it. I know I could have lapped Trey on his first weekend or he would have crashed trying to keep up - just because he'd never done it before. But, it would not be fair and the odds of someone getting too competitive and wadding up their bike and getting hurt is just too high.

Donn (and/or Bret, or any other rider), I'd really like to see you do a trackday; not to "teach you a lesson", but so that you could see what a trackday could do to help your riding skillz. It would give you insight on your street riding that would be invaluable and could help save your life.

Sorry, but I would rather spend my riding weekends with my wife enjoying all OUR riding passion has to offer. If that makes me a lesser rider then so be it.

Fair skies and tail winds to you all!!

FOR

For another time i have no interest in riding around the same turns on a perfect prepped track with weekend warrior race wanna be's.
i dont doubt one bit it would sharpen my riding skills.
Take all this barber track smack to the gixxer smack talk.. this is about how great michelin tires are LOL!!!

Not them personally but the if your not riding this way, on this tire, wearing this gear or this type of helmet, with this type brake lines, pads and rotors your wasting your time attitude.
They run down Donn's choice of tires because they are not the best for the track. Any of the top tier tires are more than enough for the street. Not everyone's life revolves around track days and that doesn't male them any less than the ones that does.

I am absolutely certain that Tiller or Tuf are better technical riders than I am as I have never once been on a road course. Does that make them better people or better "bikers" than me because I enjoy different aspects of the riding passion??

Dude! We never talk about what type of helmet, gear, lines, rotors or any of that crap you should be wearing!!! Heck, I wear a $125 HJC CL-16 with 2-piece frank thomas leathers. That's as el-cheapo as you can get. And I am pretty sure Lanke has been the one poking at us Q2 riders before we ever say a word!!!! (Hint, the post above this)

I would like to see you bring up ONE post where we say anything about what you said above! WOW!!!

You see now Bret, I don't know where you got that. None of us have ever specified "helmet, lines, pads, rotors or tires attitude". I think it was someone else who started the part about their tires being as good as a Q2, and the response was, 'depending on your riding style, they are a fine tire, BUT if you want to talk about extreme performance the comparison isnt' as clear'.

Riding on the street vs. the track does not make anyone ANY more or ANY less than any other rider. But there is no doubt in my mind that a few trackdays WILL help a streetriders survival skills.

I was very fortunate and grateful that Tuf talked and mentored me into trying it, and that Randy/Dawn and the Daphne AL crew were so hospitable, encouraging and helped me initially. My only goal is to share that experience with other members.

If you feel you've in some way been insulted, I'd surmise it's coming from within yourself. Anybody that's ever come and did a trackday with us has been welcomed with open arms and that invite is still open to you or anyone else at any time.

Sorry, but I would rather spend my riding weekends with my wife enjoying all OUR riding passion has to offer. If that makes me a lesser rider then so be it.

Fair skies and tail winds to you all!! Br

Well
Bring your wife out here to Little Switzerland . Got plenty of room 3 bedroom.
its drizziling now we can sit around drink beer and tell lies about how awesome we think we are at road racing our motorcycles. It will be just like being on the forum.
weather clears up we can try and predict whats around the next hairpin turn, maybe gravel, deer, turkey, squirell, maybe an opposite switchback banked wrong. Supposed to meet up with Packmule in the morning..
This Pilot pure has to go!

Anybody that's ever come and did a trackday with us has been welcomed with open arms and that invite is still open to you or anyone else at any time.

Heck, we FINALLY even got Daniel and his BIG GREEN BOOGER to join us at a track day this October

Bret, I think you're really exaggerating here. And I'm not sure how Tuf even came into our conversation. I tend to agree with these guys about tires, brakes, and whatnot because I too have been around the block with different products, and I know they are using some of the best stuff currently available.

I've used Pilot Power 2CT's, Pilot Pures, and Q2's. None of them are bad tires, but for anyone to get on here and publicly say that the Pilot Power 2CT is the best high-performance rubber among those three choices is just not right. I don't think they are "running down" Donn's choice of tires as much as they may be expressing their knowledge on the subject in order to spread helpful information to other readers of the forum.

I absolutely do not mean to take a shot at Donn, but Michelins simply are not the safest or best performing tire available right now. They are safe, and they perform well, but they are not the best. I use him as an example because you brought him up and because he claims to be a high performance rider. I've only seen pictures and never ridden with him, but I know as fact that the gixxer guys are all high performance riders who push the limits of their tires.

Again, I'm not intentionally taking a shot at anybody. This just is what it is.

I've never seen where anyone has said they are a better person or better biker than you. I think some members are putting out facts about good products, and other members are getting their feelings hurt because they use something else.

Anyway, that's how I see it. :beerchug:

I never once stated Michelin 2CTs are the best tire. I highly recommend them to other riders due to 98% of the members here dont race on the track and are street riders who use there busa to commute and once in awhile weekend corner carving.
I never once stated Michelins are better then Q2 because i never ran them. I hear they are a great sticky tire but are horrible at mileage. The 2CT'S have held me up on the most extreme lean angle on the street to where i have scraped the rear brake lever and if if they are the that forgiving for my expierence then i have no reason to expierement with another brand of tire that gets worse mileage.

Sidebar... What kind of mileage are you getting from a set of the Pilot Power 2CT's? Mine used to find the wear bars well before 3000 miles, but I hear of some people getting many more miles from them.

Rear was past wore out at around 2300. Front was replaced same time due to odd wear pattern and was about 70% worn going by wear bars.

I just found this on another forum. Pretty good little comparison between the different Michelin models.

Donn, I suspect you might be throwing away a good thing if you dump the Pure so quickly. I have no idea what a mixed set of those would feel like, but I really enjoyed the way a full set of Pures handled on my Busa when compared with the Pilot Power 2CT. You might play with the pressure some or even make a slight adjustment to the suspension and end up loving them. I found that they wanted to get into a corner and did a good job of it. I noticed that with a 190/55 Pure on the rear, I would touch down the peg feelers before reaching the edge of the tire. My riding has progressed a lot since then, but it was still nice to know that I wasn't going to run out of rubber because of lean angle. Obviously, that may not be the case with Gixxers or other supersport bikes, but it held true with my Busa.

And they are definitely lighter than the Q2. My Carrozzerias were heavier with Q2's than my stock wheels were with Pures, so if you're interested in unsprung weight reduction, they certainly have an advantage there. Weight reduction was the Pure's big selling point when they were first released.

Yes i agree they do dip in quicker then the2CT'S.
they just feel as the sidewall is flexing at higher speeds almost to where it could come into a high speed headshake easy under the wrong situation. I started off at 36 psi cold this morning (high 50's) i will bump em up 2psi more as soon as the rain passes.
Thanks for the tips.
ohh on the 55 series to increase the height i dont have the issue of scraping the pegs since i have been changing my riding position now its the pucks. Not ready yet for more speed to need more lean on new roads riding alone witb no gaurdrails.

Back