CustomCowls.com mods the Pashnit Busa hump

pashnit

Donating Member
Site Sponsor
Registered
eBay can be a terrible thing. Too many fun ideas.

But came across Custom Cowls.com on there & asked Emmett if he could do some custom work for me. Didn't want to mess up my original, and since we sell replacement humps, this ought to be a good fit to mod one of our off-the-shelf products & make it a one-off item.

Here's the spare hump I got:
Suzuki Hayabusa Rear Hump | CANDY INDY BLUE | SUZUKI: GSX 1300R HAYABUSA | 2008-2012 | # SOLOS306CIB

Side by side, the color I thought was near perfect, so off to CustomCowls.com it went.

pashnit_hump_3_800.jpg

And yes, there are LED's installed on the inside that light up. :thumbsup: :laugh: This is halfway done.

pashnit_hump_4.jpg

pashnit_hump_5.jpg

pashnit_hump_3_800.jpg

pashnit_hump_4.jpg

pashnit_hump_5.jpg

Opted to get the hump repainted once all the cutting was done. So I had the hump sent to RaceReady Paint in Florida.

http://www.raceready.us

These guys specialize in painting Hayabusa's, so they have all the color matched paint right there. They cleaned it up and did the respray, here's the hump with the new paint. Looking good so far.

Back to CustomCowls.com to get the wiring completed!

the_hump.jpg

the_hump_2.jpg

the_hump_3.jpg

the_hump.jpg

the_hump_2.jpg

the_hump_3.jpg

Wired up a special switch for this too with one of the 3-button PMR Components Bar Switch so I can turn it on or off.

Bar Switches for Motorcycles - PMR Components | Pashnit Moto

Dsc09954.jpg

Left one is the hump, middle is the Hyper-LED ring on the headlight, and right is the Intake Halos.

DSC00141_dash.jpg

Power gets routed through a FuzeBlock to protect all my internals.
FuzeBlocks Fuse Block FZ-1 for Motorcycles | Wire & Power your Motorcycle! | PashnitMoto

Dsc00322.jpg

Dsc09783_2.jpg

All done & completed!

Special thanks to the folks at CustomCowls.com and RaceReady Paint! Awesome to work with & get this fun lil project done.

the_hump_5.jpg

the_hump_5.jpg

Dsc09954.jpg

DSC00141_dash.jpg

Dsc00322.jpg

Dsc09783_2.jpg

How much did it cost you if you don't mind sharing? It looks awesome!!!! :thumbsup:

If they could do an eagle, globe, and anchor detail and not just a cut out I might consider spending the money this winter...

I seen this on ebay few weeks back when I was looking for a new hump for my 2011. $140 wasnt bad but when I asked they said you get an aftermarket hump and if I wanted an oem hump they can get it but it would be $225 total. Wasnt ready to spend $225 at the moment and got a brand new oem hump from a shop in VA for $118 shipped. Looks nice Tim, but I agree with DO3 as they could've def. done a better job on few of the letters.

i really like it :thumbs:

but i do agree with ^^^ pAsHNiT ??? with the light turned on it really shows. dark, not so bad.

other than that :cheerleader: very neat!

Tim take us on a visual tour of your bike. Add on's, switches, dials, knobs, why you did what you did. Help out the young bucks and the new modder's, show them how I know I look forward to it.

Thanks, ~ICE~

Back