Custom SpeedoHealer installed

Sorry forgot to mention, Thanks for the photo essay Juggler!
thumbs-up.gif

I just ordered one of these custom units because they came out with the plug and play version so no connections other than your switch set-up have to be made. I like the idea of not cutting whenever possible. Will definitely do a couple of buttons like you did, but probably not right in the plastics. Somewhere easily accessible but out of sight. I like the dealer checker idea.
thumbs-up.gif
I just checked out their site again.  So you're saying, that since it lists our bike under Suzuki, it'll be completely harness plug & play?

Hmm, I think it'd still require a splice to not lose the top speed all the time, what do you think about that?
Reread your post and think maybe your talking about the high speed recall and not the speed restricotr, sorry. After correcting the speedo errors the speed restrictor on some bikes will never be reached due to the amount they are off, and restricted by.

Just cut the power lead on the SH harness, not the bikes, and you can do Juggler's switch and constant set-up, which is what I will do!

Sorry for the confusion on the "not lose the top speed all the time" thing.
smile.gif

Wow, that's a great idea. I've always wondered if that product existed. If I were more mechanically inclinded or if was a simple plug and play install (while being hardwired so as not to reset at every shut off), I'd get it. I can see why it would reset at each shut off though (legal implications for the owner every time a member of the law enforcement community saw you.).. Do you how fast you were going.... oh, never mind, it's right here
laugh.gif

Reread your post and think maybe your talking about the high speed recall and not the speed restricotr, sorry. After correcting the speedo errors the speed restrictor on some bikes will never be reached due to the amount they are off, and restricted by.
Thanks for not thinking I'm quite as much of a newbie as my post count might make you assume. I never thought it had anything to do with the speed limiter past the speedo adjustment itself (assuming it is speed limited and not rpm limited which works out to 186mph..).

I was just google'ing for the cheapest price I could find (which was $85 plus "actual UPS" S&H)...

I was curious how you wired in the recall Max Speed switch. I looked on speedohealer.com and downloaded the install guide, but did not see a place you could tap to do this in the PDF.

Sorry, I'm sure it's obvious and not jumping out at me at 5:13am... but thanks for the response.

looks great, but seeing it in person is way cool....was nice to know we could "go to the tape" instead of looking down while we were out on a country ride
wink.gif

Juggler, I'm probably gonna order one of those sometime this fall, think you can help me get it all installed?
cool.gif

I was curious how you wired in the recall Max Speed switch.  I looked on speedohealer.com and downloaded the install guide, but did not see a place you could tap to do this in the PDF.
IONH,

If you got the standard v2 SH, it won't come with the wires. You have to get a custom unit.

E-mail the guys at SH. You'll probably deal with Norbert. He's an extremely helpful guy. Tell them you want a custom unit (it's $99 shipped).

Good luck.

zukracer,

No problem. Depending on how you wire it, it may take a while. I was really picky about the wiring, so that's what took me so long, but I'll definitely help out.

If they're shipping units that have the plug 'n' play, that would go a long way to simplifying things.

If you like my setup, make sure you get a CUSTOM unit. The standard v2 doesn't come with a remote switch capability.

Let me know when you get it in.

Juggler, I was looking at () to get it the cheapest (about $91 shipped UPS Ground).

By custom, do you mean universal? I'm thinking no.. Do you think it will still be plug and play for the Suzuki if I specify the bike? I'm thinking he'll just crack it open and splice some wires somewhere?

Thanks for the info.

Juggler, I was looking at () to get it the cheapest (about $91 shipped UPS Ground).

By custom, do you mean universal?  I'm thinking no.. Do you think it will still be plug and play for the Suzuki if I specify the bike?  I'm thinking he'll just crack it open and splice some wires somewhere?

Thanks for the info.
I would ditch the other website your using and just use Speedohealer direct. It will take a touch longer coming from Europe but you will get the right product. I am not sure the plug-n-play is available yet for anything other than SH.com. It's $99 shipped TYD, that includes the unit with Suzuki Busa plugs already hardwired in and the custom switch wire.

smile.gif

I spoke with the company I linked above.. they said that they do already get the Suzuki one as listed on SH's site.

And their site shows $79 EUR.. calculates out to nearly $96 USD... I'll e-mail them though and see what's up.

By custom, do you mean universal?  I'm thinking no.. Do you think it will still be plug and play for the Suzuki if I specify the bike?  I'm thinking he'll just crack it open and splice some wires somewhere?

Thanks for the info.
IONH,

Go with what justintime2 says. I go straight to the SH guy (Norbert). He's extremely helpful and won't steer you wrong.

Tell him you want a CUSTOM unit, like the one Alan Wagoner ordered (you may want to refer to the H.org site to jog his memory).

If you're going to do the custom thing I would highly recommend you ask for TWO DEDICATED INSULATED switch wires. My unit came with a wire wrapped in plastic that had another plastic wrapped wire inside with some very fine copper wires running down the length (not insulated).

It's hard to explain, but working with the copper wire was kind of a pain since it was so fine. If you get two insulated switch wires, it will be much easier to work with.

If you're going to do the custom thing I would highly recommend you ask for TWO DEDICATED INSULATED switch wires.  My unit came with a wire wrapped in plastic that had another plastic wrapped wire inside with some very fine copper wires running down the length (not insulated).

It's hard to explain, but working with the copper wire was kind of a pain since it was so fine.  If you get two insulated switch wires, it will be much easier to work with.
I already recieved a response from them... $99 USD it is.
thumbs-up.gif

He did say the wire was going to be rather fine and I should change it at some point myself.  Since this is a known issue to him, I'm not going to bother asking HIM to change it.  I can do that myself.

I might order later on this evening, should be fun!  Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to post pictures too of my install.

i just got a reply back from speedhealer regarding the new plug n go unit, and they are in the process of coming out with a newer version that will retain top speed with the power off and does not need to be wired to a constant hot. they say the unit ( they are calling it v2.1) now has a 2p connector built in to make it easier to change the length and type of extension leads. they said that they are mounting a small button at the end of the extension lead ( it must come with one) that will allow top speed recall and reset.

i can bearly work my helmet visor, so the less buttons the better.

i'm not sure that the new upgarded units are ready to ship but they are supposed to be 81 EUR and are taking orders now.

so, Mr. Juggler, i would guess that Speedhealer has been watching and listening to you and your efforts to help all of us come up a more refined unit, thanks.

1badasbusa,
It's an improved version of the Yellowbox. If your speedo is off, you can use it. The GPS is going to be more accurate if you're at a given speed for longer than whatever the GPS requires. Plus you have to carry around the GPS.

When I'm doing high-speed runs, I use the GPS, but otherwise the SH works pretty well. The max-speed feature is cool too!

Back