Current Market Value

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Just one example of the sheer lunacy going on with regard to firearms and their prices.

To preface, and for those that don't know, a new in box Springfield Armory National Match rifle one month ago sold for $1875 retail and cost was about $1500. I was watching this auction.

Springfield Armory M1A National Match with Extras : Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com

It sold for $3500 and was used!

Here is a screen shot of the bidders. Again for those the don't know NR stands for 'not rated'. This means the bidder has no completed transactions on GunBroker. Look down the list and you'll notice almost all bidders were new and NR. I have never seen more new NR buyers in my life. It is these people who would not have purchased had the fear been put into them about a ban. It is the majority of these people who have no idea what the real value of the item they are buying is actually worth. And it is these people who most likely have no idea how to properly maintain or store a weapon like this. So as of now even without a ban the 'current market value' of a used SA Natl Match rifle is $3500. So even without a ban the govt is accomplishing its goal to limit ability to obtain these weapons because current conditions have priced them out of reach for most people.

3DFC99EB-062C-487C-B0C2-9D13D24AD39A-7765-00000C4AE94BDF7D.jpg

I've seen Bushmaster Carbon AR15's go for $2500 on Armslist... That's a $750 gun at retail.. :banghead:

They had a big gun show around here this weekend. It was on the news that 5K attended the first day and that was the norm for all weekend in the past. The also said that some guns have doubled in the past 2 month. What is bad to me is the price gauging. It like when in NY New Years Eve the room went from 160 to over 900 a night. I know people collect guns alone with other things but for me I will just do without instead of paying that much more for things. I think things are only going to get worse on guns. I am glad I have all I need.

I think I need to put my M&P T up for sale, than after the bans don't pass buy a Noveske with money left over for ammo

Yeah I know a couple of friends that are sitting on a gold mine right now :laugh: Could probably sell their cache and buy a house!!

I have sold 3 guns in a week.
R.R.A. AR15
Taurus TCP .380
Ruger Mark2 NRA edition 22lr

Trying to sell guns to buy a big one I've wanted for awhile

Thank you Obama and Feinstein (sp), you have grown my net worth greatly. Will leave all my fun stuff to the kids, don't plan to sell any except maybe the stainless PPKS 380 my wife doesn't use (she likes the 45 better). To be honest, 99 % of my range time is with bolt guns and pistols but I do shoot the M1A every time I go to the range just because it shoots so well and its just the coolest gun I ever owned.. The Ar's stay home most of the time, they are my SHTF weapons after the 12 gauge is empty.

Thank you Obama and Feinstein (sp), you have grown my net worth greatly. Will leave all my fun stuff to the kids, don't plan to sell any except maybe the stainless PPKS 380 my wife doesn't use (she likes the 45 better). To be honest, 99 % of my range time is with bolt guns and pistols but I do shoot the M1A every time I go to the range just because it shoots so well and its just the coolest gun I ever owned.. The Ar's stay home most of the time, they are my SHTF weapons after the 12 gauge is empty.

Of course that will be illegal if the new AWB passes. It specifies required registration with no transfers allowed.

Yeah that's where I will take a torch and melt them down for a boat anchor. Lets see how things play out, many hurdles and lots of change has to happen before they get the AWB through, my guess it there is a 50/50chance the elite will over reach and the consequences will be a swift backlash. Hope for the best plan for the worst.

Of course that will be illegal if the new AWB passes. It specifies required registration with no transfers allowed.

If transfers aren't allowed the effectively remove all of them in one generation if you can't leave them to your kids...

Weren't you hating obama months ago cause the stock market hurt you? Now your saying Thanks OBAMA??? Maybe you should wear a WWOD bracelet :rofl:

Politics kills me....

/??

Back