Cuderdogs Busa stolen in Miami !!!!

Is there an option for a GPS or some kind of location device on bikes? I know they have them in iPads (which is how I think they caught the TSA agent who had been stealing them from luggage) Aftermarket or no?

Rio

I am very sorry to hear that. Pretty ironic that the dude from NY gets his bike stolen in Miami, instead of NY. I live in NY also and never park it out of sight... Or when stored for night keep a disc lock, Kryptonite NY chain bolted down to concrete anchor, and keep an alarm with proximity sensor on it.... Makes me want to add a GPS tracking device.... I HATE THIVES, again SORRY for your loss! If insurance does take care of it might want to look at 2012 ZX14R, SWEET bike ???

Is there a Castle Doctrine in FL as i would surely shoot someone stealing my bike...

Cuderdog,

Don't forget about any Miami area contacts you have made. Especially if they ride a slower color such as white.:D

Sorry to hear that, sucks it happened down in FL. Not a good welcome feeling, I'll keep on eye out here in SW FL. :(

2012 zx14r ? I think he wants to upgrade not down grade!!
Sorry for your loss..but atleast it was not really heavy modded..

Is there a Castle Doctrine in FL as i would surely shoot someone stealing my bike...

Florida law allows for use of deadly force if you are in the act of preventing a forcible felony or a robbery/burglary of property with value in excess of $5000.

Shoot him in the back as he's riding away. Cops will pat you on the back.

My hope is that since it is a NY plate on a bike in Miami the thieves may not know he has friends here who are already looking for it. Hoping they are stupid and tool it around for a day or so?

Cuderdog I know you filed a report but specifically have the police put out a BOLO (be on lookout) for it?
A paper theft report is very different than every squad car cruising around looking for it.

dang, that really sux, sorry for your loss, friggen thieves:guns:

Really puts a damper on a road trip, hope the insurance doesn't lolly gag around and get's you a payment soon so you can pick out your new one

A little curious when you had your bike serviced did you tell them where you were staying ???

Sorry to hear about this.
Had my GS750 nicked in the late 70s, so i know what it feels like.

Do you keep your bike in the house?

Unfortunately you cannot shoot one for stealing something outside.

Edit: just read Blanca's post - I stand corrected on FL laws

Man you are so unlucky but you do have the power of the Org on your side so you may get a much welcomed ending. I like you attitude toward this event as it was not your fault and can happen to any one of us, having Insurance is the saving grace in this case. Good luck and hope it is returned so you can finish your trip.

Sucks indeed. Sorry for your loss. Still hate thinking about my 08 that was stolen too.

I'm getting another Busa this summer and will definitely get a Scorpio sr1100 with the gps tracking and alerts on iPhone app. Also plan to wire it to a stebel horn. That and locked with a 14mm chain when at home should make them think twice.

i highly doubt its going over seas... after living in arizona you learn they all head to mexico... the fence hoppers got you good lol

I'm on the other coast, will keep on eye out for it on this side, that sucks Brother! I will keep the vin on me just incase these clowns come around.

A little curious when you had your bike serviced did you tell them where you were staying ???

Manny he had it done at Blais and they have better things to do.
Kevin and Ron are former Suzuki racers, old school good guys.
I spoke to them about it and genuine concern could be heard in their voice.
Don't look their way

Back